Cocaine and HPPD?

balance

Has anyone had any expirience with this drug while having hppd? I cannot seem to find much info about it in regards to HPPD. I don't think this drug would affect HPPD but maybe just increase the awareness of it while on it, like most stimulants.

I am not looking at this as a possible medication, I am just curious.

1 yr. ago I did a line of coke and my heart started pounding very fast and skipping beats. I went to the hospital and tried to tell them I was having a panic attack even though they knew it was coke. My heart didn't slow down or stop skipping beats for hours.

Just writing this is scaring me so I would say stay away from drugs, ESPECIALLY STIMULANTS

Yes! Be careful! Cocaine with HPPD can be highly addictive and damaging to the body!

wait a minute ....

In all seriousness though, I can't comment on cocaine having never done it but the general rule of thumb is that stimulants do increase HPPD namely visuals.

Dukkha

Yes! Be careful! Cocaine with HPPD can be highly addictive and damaging to the body!

wait a minute ....

In all seriousness though, I can't comment on cocaine having never done it but the general rule of thumb is that stimulants do increase HPPD namely visuals.

Dukkha

Didn't get it, was that a reference to clonazepam?

Bizarrely, I tried some the other day (my "party" friends have sort of branched out, so this was the second time I've done it; I actually approached it as a way to test out my reaction though.)

I did have a few beers, so I was relaxed, and did not suffer any sort of panic or elevated heart rate which would normally scare me. I had no problems with symptoms, in fact I basically forget they were there, and enjoyed myself. However, the next day, and this could be partially due to the beers too, I felt the typical "increase" of symptoms and this weird sort of body buzz.

I went for a run to try and detox and that definitely made me feel better, but the usual next night (that is how it is for me, if I drink the next attempt at sleep is always messed up) ensued and I had to fall asleep to crazy visuals and strobe-like flashes. Not exactly enjoyable.

However, this is all normal for me if I am just hungover from booze - EXCEPT the "buzz" I described. As I have only tried cocaine twice, and never before HPPD, I can not say if that is normal or not...

Bizarrely, I tried some the other day (my "party" friends have sort of branched out, so this was the second time I've done it; I actually approached it as a way to test out my reaction though.)

I did have a few beers, so I was relaxed, and did not suffer any sort of panic or elevated heart rate which would normally scare me. I had no problems with symptoms, in fact I basically forget they were there, and enjoyed myself. However, the next day, and this could be partially due to the beers too, I felt the typical "increase" of symptoms and this weird sort of body buzz.

I went for a run to try and detox and that definitely made me feel better, but the usual next night (that is how it is for me, if I drink the next attempt at sleep is always messed up) ensued and I had to fall asleep to crazy visuals and strobe-like flashes. Not exactly enjoyable.

However, this is all normal for me if I am just hungover from booze - EXCEPT the "buzz" I described. As I have only tried cocaine twice, and never before HPPD, I can not say if that is normal or not...

This is what I thought may be the case, in general anyone (obviously everyone reacts differently)

I had stopped drinking for a very long time and started to drink again and while I am drunk it does wonders for my anxiety but the next day is never good if hungover, no real increase of symptoms and if there is I only usually get this from partying, lack of sleep a hangover and not eating/drinking enough.

I remember a long time back before I would classify my self as having HPPD, I was doing pills (ecstasy, who knows what was in them though) and amphetamine, I noticed from amphetamine use I became highly aware of flashes and snow and all sorts of symtoms i was not suffering at the time, after a few days they would dissapear and I would be fine (although at the time I was under a lot of stress so "fine" is I guess how I was normally at the time, when I was slowly aquring these visual and perceptual symptoms)

I don't think most stimulants "cause" this condition (I'm not saying all, maybe some do) but add a heightened awareness to the symptoms we are suffering.

ghostibator, do you feel as if after taking cocaine it affected your symptoms in the long run or just in short, or not at all?

I tried cannabis at one point to see if it would help, it made my anxiety flair up extremly while my visuals only a little bit, and that was only from thinking about them when I was stoned. I had 3 days until I recovered, I was very sluggish, had major anxiety and could not think. I think it is good to learn whether or not you can take certain drugs (only if you are that way inclined, otherwise stay away! haha)

I believe that you need to stay away from all drugs incl alcohol to give the brain a chance to heal. However, Coke is the only drug i am completely fine with. I do not like it tough and its been like two years since i tried it. But it really bring out the worst of a person. Full blown ego maniac

Cocaine, Meth, PCP, "designer" drugs and psychedelics are the drugs i will not touch or not ever touch again. Any stimulant raises Norepinephrine in the brain and this is what causes the increase in visuals. If I were you, I would stay away from cocaine. If you want to have a good time and have some self control, take a couple vicodins. Talk about a vacation from HPPD, opiates are IT.

Cocaine, Meth, PCP, "designer" drugs and psychedelics are the drugs i will not touch or not ever touch again. Any stimulant raises Norepinephrine in the brain and this is what causes the increase in visuals. If I were you, I would stay away from cocaine. If you want to have a good time and have some self control, take a couple vicodins. Talk about a vacation from HPPD, opiates are IT.

They are IT but they are not IT for partying, ha.

• 4 weeks later...

i think any of the old timers here can vouche for the statement that after about 4-5 years life pretty much returns to normal, and you can enjoy and live life even with the visuals and other symptoms. last year i had a six month problem with heroin and crack/cocaine, and neither did anything permanent or while on it. i just don't even notice the symptoms anymore. coke, IMO, not telling anyone go blow lines youll be fine, is the number one drug besides opiates and benzos that hppders can do all they want (but shouldnt)

i think any of the old timers here can vouche for the statement that after about 4-5 years life pretty much returns to normal, and you can enjoy and live life even with the visuals and other symptoms. last year i had a six month problem with heroin and crack/cocaine, and neither did anything permanent or while on it. i just don't even notice the symptoms anymore. coke, IMO, not telling anyone go blow lines youll be fine, is the number one drug besides opiates and benzos that hppders can do all they want (but shouldnt)

Thank you for your reply. I doubt I will get the chance to do this drug because the impurity in my country is so scarly poor but it is good to know what is a no go and what is a goer, no pun ;) haha

yea, i've done plenty of coke post-hppd and never had an issue with it.... but remember that it is a nasty little drug at times, addictive, bad for your health, can make you paranoid and depressed and also just makes the night boring unless you keep on doing line after line.

Although I love the odd binge, it is one of the most overrated and expensive drugs.

• 4 weeks later...

ok,, coke stirred things up for me - recently had some very strong MDMA caps and powder, i was fucked beyond belief lol and has defo exacerbated visuals :( fingers crossed things will go back to the base level - should really just stop all drugs so my brain can heal like someone else mentioned :)

• 3 weeks later...

i may be biased cause i never much liked cocaine, i mean ive put oz's of it up my nose in my day, but the comedown was always hell and i didnt even enjoy the high unless i mixed it with alc to make cocaethylene.

imo that up and down and fiending nonstop cant be good for anyone with mental issues.