question

r.trudeau

So, when my hppd was really bad (I mean if I ranked it on a scale of zero being normal and one hundred being "I'm going to kill myself." My score would have been a 98, no joke) I use to feel as if my inner voice, you know, that voice you hear while you think...had disappeared. Then it slowly came back, eventually. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Yes. In a way. I'm a writer. And I have always been acutely aware of the presence I have within myself. I still "hear" myself. But I struggle. I feel like it's much more quiet than it used to be. I also have trouble creating mental imagery as strong as I used to. I still can, but I have to focus, and it isn't too clear.

As a writer these skills were invaluable to me, I truly hope they return to normal soon.

I think i have the opposite problem.... The inner voice just wont be quiet and it sometimes feels way out of my control.

I experience this at night when i cannot sleep, then the "thought voice" goes out of control and that freaks me out. However, my thought process and "thought voice" is not the same as it was before i got HPPD. It feels like it's gone and i often have to force myself to think.

Shit. I know exactly what you are talking about. That was the beginning of my problem this time around. I tried to remove my inner voice while reading. And now i realize that I can't get rid of my inner voice while reading or else i will go crazy. For me, the inner voice is necessary while reading. IDK a little off topic but this is how i feel.