How to get your mind off the Hppd?

Eddie

Hey I am In my third week with this sober(was still smoking weed for a few days after not realizing what was going on) and I was just wondering if there is anyway I can get my mind off things. I have seen a massive improvement in these three weeks but am still constantly reminded of it by seeing trailing, some movement in my peripheral vision when trying to read and that sort of thing, I also feel completely different. I'm just wondering if I will be constantly reminded forever or if I can grow to accept these things and let it slip my mind. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

I have found keeping as busy as possible being around people and having conversations helps me forget also playing ps3 watching a movie reading a book anything really that keeps the mind busy I've also had really bad stomach trouble and literally have been obsessing about that as opposed to hppd and actually feel like the hppd has got a bit better good luck dude hopefully it goes away for you soon

it's all about taking your mind off it as much as possible. A good book, film, game, a walk in nature, sport etc etc

if you are suffering badly, then the occasional klonopin is probably best.... but be careful, it is easy to start taking them all the time.

I generally try to limit myself to one per week (sunday, after i have a few drinks on a saturday), I take one midweek if it is a particularly stressful week or i have to do something like a video conference with clients.

I make sure I have 1 week completely benzo free, each month.

There is no evidence to suggest it helps or hinders recovery.... it just helps for the time you are on it. If you can handle normal life pretty well, then I wouldn't bother with them..... If you are getting very stressed, it might help.