Wobbling edges, any good tips people have?

I don't really know what you mean by "see the air" but I hope that's a step in the right direction. As for wobbly edges I dunno what to say I just try to fight the strange urge to constantly stare at them. Yknow it's not gonna make it any better by looking at them all the time.

Don't understand "sea the air" either.

As for constantly staring at the wobbling edges ... aren't the edges primarily peripheral?

Afterall, central vision is mostly a 'point' whereas a line (edge) is 'longer' and extends into peripheral field no matter where you look. This kind of defect involve problems of the two visual systems coordinating info.

Now I found that both dopamine and GABA affect this ... not necessarily 'cure', though mine is better - but changes in meds will sometimes bring this out for a while.

Fatigue is the biggest factor.

Less so now, but there were times that I thought there was smoke in the corners but there wasn't. It would be long-needled pines or a screen fence ... just kept getting startled by it.

Rarely (but also when a kid) there was what you describe ... it would move in patterns like smoke from a cigarette. Perhaps very fine VS?

@Visual. Are you on DPselfhelp??? I swear there's a person named Visual on there with the same picture.....it's gotta be you.

I never plead Guilty :P

58773.jpg

Yea, but sometimes its hard to cover things up ... guess I lack imagination :ph34r: ... and just as obnoxious there as am here ,,,

Hey Ive had the wobbles since day 1. I remember telling my nuero- dude the cabinet edges is just wiggling, I can see a straight line!

Only thing that has helped was things to help my astigmatism. Still there but less and it's one of those symptoms that don't matter compared to the rest.

When stressed it is always wirse

Hey Ive had the wobbles since day 1. I remember telling my nuero- dude the cabinet edges are just wiggling, I cant see a straight line!

Only thing that has helped was things to help my astigmatism. Still there but less and it's one of those symptoms that don't matter compared to the rest.

When stressed it is always worse

No, you seem very intelligent and informed about everything you post. I wasn't aware that you had DP though. It's a small world after all.

My DP is 'lifetime', mild compared to most, and nothing to do with HPPD, brain injury, or the like. Best described as stunted emotional development ('social autism') because of childhood trauma ... sort of like only half 'being there'. Part machine and part human but with plenty of emotion just lots of 'stress-emotions' and really bad at emotional 'connection'. Because of never experiencing true 'normal', it is more challenging to resolve since to end-goal is essentially abstract ... and purely a 'psychological' issue to work through.

The meds I use for visual stuff has no effect on it and since it doesn't relate to HPPD (as it does for some who 'got' DP) I haven't posted much on this forum about it. I discovered DPselfhelp.com when a google search pulled up someone there who has weird visual symptoms. Then a year ago, ludwig told me about this site.

My visual problems seem to have no relationship to the above. So it provides lots of perspective to work on both types of problems ... the contrasts and similarities. Lets just say its been an interesting life - but just want to enjoy life with dignity, hope, and success ... and this is an obtainable goal for all of us.

Hey Ive had the wobbles since day 1. I remember telling my nuero- dude the cabinet edges are just wiggling, I cant see a straight line!

When stressed it is always worse

It seems that, similar with 'ghosting', part of the problem may involve the brain no longer being able to filter/compensate for irregularities in our eyes that we have always had.

^^^^^^ I think it has something to do with the visual snow. At least for me it does anyway........whenever my visual snow gets pretty thinned out it starts to look more like everything is slightly shaking/vibrating as opposed to there being actual snow. It's pretty much in the exact same corner of my room where everything constantly looks like it's shaking, and it's not just peripheral for me either.

I have wobble, but not snow.

lol

i had wobble before snow. but the wobble looks like snow maybe you mean something diffrent visual?

if your wobble are like tiny dots which are tingling in a corner you can imagine how VS does look alike

for me its also mostly where to corners meet each other.

this leads me to a question whichis maybe a bit offtopic.

is your snow directly infront of your eyes?

the most people on the VSforum report the snow is covering everything for me its mostly an walls or backgraounds. the most thinks which are close to me arent covered with snow.

I have about 0.1% visual snow in dim lighting. It is most noticable with changes in meds (real low dopamine amounts or anticholinergics) but in practical terms, I don't have VS

is your snow directly infront of your eyes?

the most people on the VSforum report the snow is covering everything for me its mostly an walls or backgraounds. the most thinks which are close to me arent covered with snow.

This is very interesting! So you are saying your snow is sort of like a lite snow storm - stuff up close isn't much affected but the further away, the more 'obscured' things are (thus your snow is between near stuff and far stuff).

Wonder if other people experience snow being connected with depth .?.

Any snow I've seen seems heaviest on darkest areas but doesn't seem connected with distance.

Defining 'wobble' may be important

For me lines wiggle at times. In the evening, watching a movie's credit scroll, if there are 2 columns, the distance between them keeps changing in and out and in and out. If looking off just the side of the screen, they can get real unstable.

Another kind of wiggle that I have is sort of 'visual tremor' in little spots. Like looking at a tree with 1000 leaves which are still, but maybe 20 wiggle like the wind is moving them quickly.

There is also 'bowing' of objects at times ... and even 'dolly zoom'

I get the text moving and warping too but I mean edges of light coloured objects are like a heat haze. Also when I said see the air is like sometimws the snow is infront of my eyes, like suspended infront of me. Its like my snow has a range. Usually withim 2 feet theres no snow. And further than like 20 I see it in the air