How many people are there in the world with HPPD?

Sam

This is the most helpful website on HPPD I've found and there are only about 1100 members. You would think that most computer literates would be here since there is so little information available elsewhere. So my guess is that there are less than 25,000 people with HPPD. Am I way off?

Many people with less extreme cases never look for help online, lots of these members only got on here after a year or more of suffering. I am nearly recovred from HPPD after 5 months so I could have very easily have never come on here.

Some people come on here and look without making an acount or posting.

Some people never connect their symptoms to drug use because of the time between tripping and onset.

I think there are very many people who have HPPD to some degree..

Took me 11 years to find the term "HPPD" or even connect my problems with LSD... as well as ecstasy, which I had always blamed everything on.

For me, the visual problems were just an annoyance... the extreme dp/dr, anxiety and depression were way higher priority, and I was searching for various other terms... Thinking I had pyscosis, bi-polar etc.

I have spoken to around 10 of my friends (who used to do drugs with me) about HPPD.... 3 of the 10 had experienced short term hppd like symptoms.... 1 of the 10 had lingering visual snow after 15 years, but it didn't bother him much. So, including me... That is 5 out of 11 in our circle of friends that experience hppd like symptoms.

One of my friends used to slag me and call me a bitch for complaining til he got hppd for a month. He phoned me crying asking for help because he was so scared. He now realises he is lucky as hell and doesnt take drugs. Another 2 friends have 2cb patterns in the sky. One of sees static when scared. The girl I like phoned me crying because drdp had hit her so hard she freaked out. Its kinda crazy to see how common drug related issues can be. Most friends including nmy dad ( fuck knows his drugs past. He was a biker and into rush and motorhead ) have closed eye visuals.

There is no way to tell but with all the recreational drug use out there it's safe to assume we are not alone...

There is no way to tell but with all the recreational drug use out there it's safe to assume we are not alone...