My experience with diazepam (Valium)

I recently tried diazepam to treat HPPD/DPDR at both 5mg and 10mg doses. It was only a 3x5mg prescription intended for "medical procedure anxiety" but I figured it could indicate whether or not benzos could be useful for me. Unfortunately, I didn't see any benefit from the drug, in fact, I saw hardly any effect from any of the doses at all. My understanding is that 10mg is a pretty substantial dose, however, I probably wouldn't have noticed any effect from the drug if I wasn't looking for it. For those who see a benefit from diazepam, what is your dosage, and did it take a longer period to see effects?

I hope clonazepam will still have some effect and this isn't indicative of some inherent benzo resistance (if that's even possible). I also don't suffer from anxiety so maybe the effects were just far less pronounced than those who do?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 2:49 PM, boyo4202 said:

I recently tried diazepam to treat HPPD/DPDR at both 5mg and 10mg doses. It was only a 3x5mg prescription intended for "medical procedure anxiety" but I figured it could indicate whether or not benzos could be useful for me. Unfortunately, I didn't see any benefit from the drug, in fact, I saw hardly any effect from any of the doses at all. My understanding is that 10mg is a pretty substantial dose, however, I probably wouldn't have noticed any effect from the drug if I wasn't looking for it. For those who see a benefit from diazepam, what is your dosage, and did it take a longer period to see effects?

I hope clonazepam will still have some effect and this isn't indicative of some inherent benzo resistance (if that's even possible). I also don't suffer from anxiety so maybe the effects were just far less pronounced than those who do?

I never tried Valium for it. I’m on Klonopin and that is what has worked for me.

On 6/7/2024 at 5:49 PM, boyo4202 said:

I did Valium from a friend like 2 times and it definitely improved my symptoms. I'm sorry it had no effect on you. I tried the sober life for many years and now I'm all up for benzos and other cutting edge treatments because it was too many years of suffering without a crutch.