Anyone here who also had tinnitus

On 4/17/2024 at 10:11 AM, AmitV said:

Anyone here who also has tinnitus and eventually got better or went away? Ive had tinnitus now for almost 10 months.

Yeah dude my tinnitus was pretty bad and now I rarely get it although I still do get it.

On 4/21/2024 at 9:08 AM, brake said:

Yeah dude my tinnitus was pretty bad and now I rarely get it although I still do get it.

How long did it take for it to start easing? Did anything specific help with it?

On 4/25/2024 at 8:27 PM, AmitV said:

How long did it take for it to start easing? Did anything specific help with it?

I think time and healthy lifestyle. But I stopped trying to be so healthy and noticed that the tinnitus has still permanently decreased in severity and frequency.

Edited by brake

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 5:28 AM, Beefol said:

How long was the delay? Have you had some kind of noise sensitivity along with your Tinnitus?

About 6 months delay. I had hyperacusis, for 4 months it went away. P5P helped a lot, but just understanding that these symptoms are mediated by the fear center of the brain. I listened to music lots and it went away.

its called exposure therapy. Still have tinnitus. :(

Edited by AmitV

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2024 at 4:11 PM, AmitV said:

About 6 months delay. I had hyperacusis, for 4 months it went away. P5P helped a lot, but just understanding that these symptoms are mediated by the fear center of the brain. I listened to music lots and it went away.

its called exposure therapy. Still have tinnitus. :(

Sorry to hear that! Tinnitus is beyond annoying. I’ve had it really bad since as far back as I can remember, when I was a little kid. My ears would ring so loud sometimes it was awful and because I was little, I couldn’t figure out why, just that it was annoying and would drive me nuts. When I was put on Klonopin, the ringing has since lessened but is still sometimes there (like right now lol but not too loud or painful.)