QEEG Diagnostic and follow up pathology

I recently did a QEEG which showed hyperactivity in my right temporal lobe. Which includes the amygdala (fight-flight), hippocampus. The temporal lobe has deep connections to limbic, auditory, visual perceptual centres of the brain. Essentially the treatment is breathing exercises, slowing down thoughts, distraction, trauma therapy. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/body/16799-temporal-lobe

The QEEG I did also lines up with the below application of RTMS for HPPD.

showPdf?pii=S1935-861X(23)01980-0

but the temporal lobe also responds to epilepsy medications and supplements in calming the temporal lobe in temporal lobe epilepsies. It’s also an area affected in schizophrenia. HPPD isn’t a psychiatric disorder, but a functional neurological disorder.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/brain-nerves-and-spinal-cord/functional-neurological-disorder/

which is why clonazepam, keppra, memantine, magnesium and several other epilepsy supplements sometimes work. Epilepsy diet which is primarily keto diet is also helpful. 

increase gaba and decrease glutamate (antioxidants and magnesium), can help. 

Niacin according to my research in high dosages is highly applicable. Saturating the brain with niacin leads to immense relief from oxidative stress, overall stress, calming of thoughts, it reduces methylation, is utilized in schizophrenia, ptsd, and several related conditions such as drug induced akathisia and dyskinesias.

24 minutes ago, AmitV said:

I recently did a QEEG which showed hyperactivity in my right temporal lobe. Which includes the amygdala (fight-flight), hippocampus. The temporal lobe has deep connections to limbic, auditory, visual perceptual centres of the brain. Essentially the treatment is breathing exercises, slowing down thoughts, distraction, trauma therapy. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/body/16799-temporal-lobe

The QEEG I did also lines up with the below application of RTMS for HPPD.

showPdf?pii=S1935-861X(23)01980-0

but the temporal lobe also responds to epilepsy medications and supplements in calming the temporal lobe in temporal lobe epilepsies. It’s also an area affected in schizophrenia. HPPD isn’t a psychiatric disorder, but a functional neurological disorder.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/brain-nerves-and-spinal-cord/functional-neurological-disorder/

which is why clonazepam, keppra, memantine, magnesium and several other epilepsy supplements sometimes work. Epilepsy diet which is primarily keto diet is also helpful. 

increase gaba and decrease glutamate (antioxidants and magnesium), can help. 

Niacin according to my research in high dosages is highly applicable. Saturating the brain with niacin leads to immense relief from oxidative stress, overall stress, calming of thoughts, it reduces methylation, is utilized in schizophrenia, ptsd, and several related conditions such as drug induced akathisia and dyskinesias.

Good research however I found that high doses of vitamins b6 and b12 made me hysterical.

I gained access to some good AI and asked it about visual snow and was blown away with it's accurate information and how quickly it was written. It listed the right temporal lobe as being affected.

24 minutes ago, brake said:

Good research however I found that high doses of vitamins b6 and b12 made me hysterical.

I gained access to some good AI and asked it about visual snow and was blown away with it's accurate information and how quickly it was written. It listed the right temporal lobe as being affected.

supplements and meds both can be hit or miss. What works great for one, does not for the other. This is true amongst all kinds of psychiatric and neurological disorders. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmitV said:

supplements and meds both can be hit or miss. What works great for one, does not for the other. This is true amongst all kinds of psychiatric and neurological disorders. 

True but it's been 11 years and I'm becoming impatient. Even valium, xanax and klonopin have it's limits. Lamictal was working somewhat however of course I get side effects from it so I had to stop taking it. It is better at certain moments like I got that completely sober feeling recently and can imagine again how someone would think that it would be impossible to still be tripping long term. The job market is terrible nowadays which doesn't help either.

Edited by brake

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, brake said:

True but it's been 11 years and I'm becoming impatient. Even valium, xanax and klonopin have it's limits. Lamictal was working somewhat however of course I get side effects from it so I had to stop taking it. It is better at certain moments like I got that completely sober feeling recently and can imagine again how someone would think that it would be impossible to still be tripping long term. The job market is terrible nowadays which doesn't help either.

The best recommendation I can give you, is an understanding that HPPD is a functional neurological disorder. Past Trauma, stressful lives, toxic exposures, infections, medication toxicity, turn down good genes, fires up the fight-flight center to keep you safe. The drug is gone, but the brain still feels unsafe (fearful - Ultimate fear) because of the original injury. Racing thoughts in the mind at 3000mph. The fight-flight center has deep connections to the visual perceptual (VSS, HPPD), auditory (tinnitus), limbic (pins and needles), motor (tremors, twitches, etc. ) and vestibular functions (dizziness). It creates maladaptive pathways to keep you safe and bedridden. That's why Klonopin works, because it targets the fight-flight (amygdala), once the amygdala calms down, the brain begins to feel safe and begins to ditch the maladaptive pathways to visual, auditory and vestibular systems. But you can do the same with nutritional supplements (megadoses of certain ones) and breathing exercises (calm down the speed of thoughts).

But there is another way! Custom supplements to support the genes that have been turned down by trauma or drug use. By utilizing specific nutritional supplements to support the downregulated enzymes. 

I ran a 23&me test, didn't care about the 23&me crap. Uploaded raw data to geneticgenie (free), and nutrihacker (free). This is what I got. Attached.

Here's another drug-induced dyskinesia article that may help, that explain how megadose can reset the fight-flight system.

Microsoft Word - 1976-v05n01-p004.doc (isom.ca)

Screenshot 2024-03-22 173702.png

Screenshot 2024-03-22 173626.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 070356.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 190942.png

Edited by AmitV