Delayed onset of symptoms?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the onset of symptoms in HPPD. Is it possible for symptoms to start 1-2 months after the triggering trip? 

I consumed mushrooms in October 2022 and noticed mild visual symptoms 2-3 days after. This was followed by severe dizziness, head pressure and anxiety.

It wasn't until January/February that I experienced the symptoms that cause me the most problems: Tinnitus and hyperacusis. However, since then I have been wondering whether the tinnitus and hyperacusis have anything to do with HPPD at all or whether they simply started by chance shortly afterwards. Because in the first 1.5 months after the trip, I haven’t noticed those symptoms at all..

stay strong!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 4:29 AM, heroku said:

What do the tinnitus and hyperacusis feel like? I think I might have something similar.

Tinnitus is ringing in the ears and hyperacusis is a lowered tolerance against sound thats not too loud for people with normal hearing.

It's possible that it is all interconnected through drug use.. At this point though, i would not think of it as hppd unless your mild visuals are still there too?

Even hppd itself should probably be divided and treated as sub issues (anxiety, depression, visuals, dpdr etc)... I think grouping it all into one condition is a bit limiting.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay1 said:

It's possible that it is all interconnected through drug use.. At this point though, i would not think of it as hppd unless your mild visuals are still there too?

Even hppd itself should probably be divided and treated as sub issues (anxiety, depression, visuals, dpdr etc)... I think grouping it all into one condition is a bit limiting.  

I definitely still have some mild visual symptoms. I have never noticed BFEP before all of this and now i see it everywhere. Mild snow on smooth surfaces, pattern glare, sometimes closed eye visuals. And the ear stuff started in the 1-2 months after the shroom trips. And after massive anxiety.

Hi!

I think I already put in my two cents yesterday or the day before (omg my memory is SO horrible!) but maybe it’s a problem with your ears? Like a physical issue that either coincidentally popped up, or the HPPD triggered it or made it more noticeable? Are you able to get a referral to an ENT? It wouldn’t hurt to get your ears checked, at any rate. I truly hope your symptoms get better. I think someone else suggested this, (maybe it was me? LOL) ear plugs? I almost wonder if you have Meneire’s. Well anyway, I will stop babbling. Keep us updated 🤗