HPPD Medication Tips/Help (Lamotrigine?)

Hey, I have had HPPD for about 7 months. I have done many different drugs in my years like LSD, Shrooms, 2CB, Weed, Ecstacy, DMT & more.

My symtoms in the beggining was: DP/DR, Visual snow, Walls moving/breathing, BFEP (it only came a few times), Tinnitus (also only came a few times), depression & anxiety

The doctors thought it was psychosis so i got prescribed zyprexa/olanzapine (antipsychotic drug) but it didn't do any good or bad, it just made me sleep a lot.

Now, 7 months later my symtoms are: DP/DR which is the symtom that bother me the most by far!, a little bit of visual snow (not so bad), the walls can move/breathe sometimes but not much at all anymore, depression, anxiety.

The DP/DR is bothering me so much and makes my life very hard to live, and because of that my depression and anxiety gets worse.

I am now going to try "Lamotrigine" first 25mg/day and slowly go up to 100mg/day and see if it helps my DP/DR & my other symtoms.

Do you guys have any opinions on lamotrgine? Has it helped & what are the side effects of it? (which dose is good?)

Do you prefer using only lamotrigine or should I mix it with some SSRI?

Should I asked my doctor for clonazepam and try it aswell? (heard it helped others)

Or do you have any other medication tips?

Should i stay away from medications?

Btw i have been clean from all drugs & alcohol since i got HPPD 7 months ago.

Hope u have a great day, peace.

Edited by blaztie
Missed one thing

I don't think I would take more than one thing at the same time. Otherwise you may become addicted or there could be bad side effects (like if you don't ask a doctor beforehand).

Other people might have ideas about which is best for hppd.

• Like 1

Since your HPPD has improved i wouldn't touch ANY recreational or medical drug that binds to the 5HT2-a serotonin receptor, like antidepressants, because in rare cases SSRI's can cause HPPD to begin with. And Lamotrigine helped me ALOT. It took away my brainfog, head pressure, regular visual hallucinations and vivid dreams that many with HPPD gets. It didn't do anything for the vs, halos, glares, afterimages, tracers, floaters, bfep, ghosting and tinnitus though, and from what i have gathered, it doesn't for most.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Hall89 said:

Since your HPPD has improved i wouldn't touch ANY recreational or medical drug that binds to the 5HT2-a serotonin receptor, like antidepressants, because in rare cases SSRI's can cause HPPD to begin with. And Lamotrigine helped me ALOT. It took away my brainfog, head pressure, regular visual hallucinations and vivid dreams that many with HPPD gets. It didn't do anything for the vs, halos, glares, afterimages, tracers, floaters, bfep, ghosting and tinnitus though, and from what i have gathered, it doesn't for most.

Okay I see! Have lamotrigine helped you with "DP/DR"?

Should I continue with lamotrigine for my DP/DR & Visual snow or is it useless for these symtoms?

47 minutes ago, blaztie said:

Okay I see! Have lamotrigine helped you with "DP/DR"?

Should I continue with lamotrigine for my DP/DR & Visual snow or is it useless for these symtoms?

I only got mild dr with my HPPD, and it didn't do anything for that, but my dr isn't constant, i get those feelings now and then. I have however read about plenty that have had those symptoms reduce with lamotrigine, for some the visual snow does as well, it didn't for me though. So it's worth a shot, it's one of the more tolerable anticonvulsants and serious side effects is very rare, i didn't get a single one.

3 hours ago, Hall89 said:

I only got mild dr with my HPPD, and it didn't do anything for that, but my dr isn't constant, i get those feelings now and then. I have however read about plenty that have had those symptoms reduce with lamotrigine, for some the visual snow does as well, it didn't for me though. So it's worth a shot, it's one of the more tolerable anticonvulsants and serious side effects is very rare, i didn't get a single one.

Yes okay, thank you for your advice.