what do you think about this?

yesterday night i tiped the german word for visual snow (augenrauschen) into google.

and i found alot of communitys where somebody asks if anybody alse can see this(not only in the dark). they also mentioned other symptoms like afterimages, starbursts and so on. they doesnt sound like it was very slight and they said it messes with their vision. these communitys were not only medical forums, they were computer forums, sport forums for example.

mostly somebody asks if anybody can see this and there were alot of posts where people reacted like. uff i always thought this is the normal way everybody sees or after i read this i am also able to see this and now i cant stop seeing it.

What do you think about this is this a normal form of cyberchondria or are these visual disturbances alot more common as we think. maybe alot of people seeing this way their whole life and never think about it as not normal?

as we know the eye is far from a perfect visual media. look at these cheap camcorder they also have VS in its pictures maybe thats the same way our eyes work?

also look at my case i first started noticing these disturbances after i was watching my sight.(Did a Dinner in the dark) while this i thought this must be the way a blind person have to lead their life.

i was very high while this dinner so i got anxious....

i am only speaking of entoptic phenomenoms here e.g. VS, afterimages, blue field entoptic phenomenom, crystal worm floaters. not of color confusion or something like this....

what do you think about this?

I know that a lot of people are born with things like visual snow and consider it to be normal. I cant speak for everyone else, but i saw my symptoms appear in a matter of seconds, id never seen trails, static, or afterimages while sober, i didnt even know such a thing as visual snow existed, so for me to be "normal" is to not see any of this shit.

yes thats the same i thought. it came suddenly one day and since then the shit is with me...

but my symptoms dont kicked in simultaneously.

trails and halos came after looking for it very strange. but i read at erowid that HPPD symptoms could be self induced by e.g. thinking about them??

but i was always able to see floaters even as child.

dunno but i believe with closed eyes i allways saw static but maybe first after my psychodelic trips never cared about it...

i think maybe these people who believe to be born this way has had a migraine status as child before they can remember?!

The first symptom i noticed without read anything was trails and afterimages. (dp-dr kick first, but isnt visual). Later, reading about dr and hppd i see some floaters and finally, the VS.

Perhaps all of the visual symptoms start at the same time, or i have learn how to see them later.

I know that a lot of people are born with things like visual snow and consider it to be normal. I cant speak for everyone else, but i saw my symptoms appear in a matter of seconds, id never seen trails, static, or afterimages while sober, i didnt even know such a thing as visual snow existed, so for me to be "normal" is to not see any of this shit.

Yeah same here! I was talking to a friend about HPPD yesterday and she was like "wait, what? So it's not normal to see static in pitch black rooms? Am I going to go nuts?" Haha she got so concerned for a bit.

When i explain it to my friends it's more like "youre freakin out over nothin, ive always seen static stop being such a pussy." I dont even bother trying to explain DPDR, i just say i feel numb, although i havent really talked to anyone about my symptoms for a while now, im past sympathy.

When i explain it to my friends it's more like "youre freakin out over nothin, ive always seen static stop being such a pussy." I dont even bother trying to explain DPDR, i just say i feel numb, although i havent really talked to anyone about my symptoms for a while now, im past sympathy.

I agree, nobody can really understand hppd symtoms, especially not dp and dr.

my mates are like that aswell " man up and have an E " well they were at first, 2 months on they kinda realise im not playing games u know.

it wasnt so much sympathy i wanted, i just wanted respect, rather than people laughing at me telling me it was my own fault

Haha that cracked me up. I totally agree with Boogres. Not seeing any of this shit is normal. I think other people think they have seen what we are talking about but they really have no idea. They might have seen a floater or have trouble seeing sometimes but they really don't know.

in my opinion, and that is also why i started this topic, is that this people no matter if they have PMA(persistend Migraine Aura), HPPD or people without a history of both and maybe are born this way have one thing in common. And this is a predisposed Brain to this symptoms. so i would imagine that Drugs or Migraine are only a trigger and not the root cause.

i read some posts here and on the visual snow forum where people are mentioning that their parents can/do also see this way.

so this let me think that this is a hereditable problem.

Also i think if it is possible to find it out a new and bigger community could be build, this could help doctors to work together to find a cure/treatment.