Do I have HPPD?

cogg99

About three months ago, I had a pretty bad trip on a low-dose of psilocybin mushrooms. I woke up the next day feeling completely normal.

Flash forward a few weeks, and I went through some extreme life changes (ended a long-term relationship, moved to a new city, and started a PhD program). I had two panic attacks during this time-frames (something I had never experienced before) and I freaked out and started googling symptoms and ended up convinced that I had HPPD. 

My only symptoms seem to be mild visual snow (only when looking at the sky or walls), floaters, and blue-field entoptic phenomenon. The floaters and blue-field entoptic phenomenon did not start until well over a month after the trip but now I notice them constantly (when I never noticed them before) and can't really seem to get it out of my head. 

I've asked everyone around me and they seem to see the same thing to some extent, and I don't know why I can't stop noticing it if it's normal. 

To complicate things, I have a family history of OCD/Hypochondria, and I have no idea if what I'm seeing is normal or not. 

To make things clear, my only symptoms are mild static on uniform surfaces, floaters, and blue field entoptic phenomenon. I also experience some minor starbursts around lights but I honestly can't remember a time where they looked different. I have no tinnitus, no perception of movement, no doubling of text, no geometric patterns; just intense blue field entoptic phenomenon and floaters that started in the months following a bad trip.

What do you guys think? Do I have HPPD? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's the first indications that you are prone to getting hppd, imho. But I probably wouldn't consider it hppd unless the visual issues are causing you anxiety/dpdr. I've always called that pre-hppd.

I think if you stop taking drugs and just live an active life, you will quickly start to completely forget about the issues. Human vision is flawed and the more you read about hppd and it's symptoms, the more you will constantly scan your visual field for issues and start seeing those natural flaws... Once the genie is out of the bottle, it's hard to put it back in. Distraction is the best bet.