Being treated as schizophrenic, when it's HPPD..

Sabathil

Hey all, I don't doubt I've got HPPD, but was living with a schizo diagnosis for the past 7 years. I take an antipsychotic, but have no effect on my HPPD stuff. Is anyone aware of a particular antipsychotic I should try?

My symptoms started around 2014, LSD heroic dose like 5 tabs 200ug, not sure exactly, memory is lost from the antipsychotics .. DMT in 2015 worsened it and have not lived an enjoyable day since.

Involuntary antipsychotic for a schizo diagnosis and a doctor that don't acknowledge HPPD in any form.

Any advice appreciatedcheers

Which anti psychotic do you take? Did you have memory problems before the anti psychotic?

i take antipsychotic quetiapine although it's supposed to be shit for psychosis, it's acting as a mood stabiliser for me my doc said.

Edited by PjTx

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have severe hppd, when describing symptoms to psychiatrist...

He was like "oh you may have underlying schizophrenia also" 

This is a misdiagnosis 

He has put me on a high dose of antipsychotic Seroquel 150 mg

Generally Seroquel heightens visuals, Tho turns me into a sedated zombie so I cannot react as much too them. 

I don't like the side effects of Seroquel.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:44 PM, Sabathil said:

Hey all, I don't doubt I've got HPPD, but was living with a schizo diagnosis for the past 7 years. I take an antipsychotic, but have no effect on my HPPD stuff. Is anyone aware of a particular antipsychotic I should try?

My symptoms started around 2014, LSD heroic dose like 5 tabs 200ug, not sure exactly, memory is lost from the antipsychotics .. DMT in 2015 worsened it and have not lived an enjoyable day since.

Involuntary antipsychotic for a schizo diagnosis and a doctor that don't acknowledge HPPD in any form.

Any advice appreciatedcheers

I know most antipsychotics exacerbate hppd unfortunately...

It may be some trial to find one that you can tolerate.. whilst the same time.. some additional medication for you hppd if needed. 

It might be an idea to change doctors to find one that acknowledges your hppd etc 

I'm not a doctor.. these are just my thaughts. It's a possibility. 

Edited by Spartan

I'm doing my best to understand..

Are you saying that you have been given an incorrect diagnosis of schizophrenia and it's only hppd ? 

If this is the case... I would get away from your silly doctor... 

Find a doctor who acknowledges hppd, dump the antipsychotics and possibly start trying mediations that are most commonly used for hppd etc 

• Upvote 1