Hi everyone new member here .

Ben

Hello I am nearly 21 and have had hppd for nearly four years now . I first remember it starting after a few LSD trips . At first it made more anxious then I thought possible ,my body going into panic attacks on a regular basis , my vision so reminiscent of a low dose of psilocybin mushrooms ( which I also have taken ) also there is a constant shaking of objects in my pheripherial vision .All in all it was a strange few years .

I still have most the symptoms that it started with but I now have a better understanding of them , I am no longer afraid of them .

I think this forum is a wonderful idea , I have never met another person with hppd and would love to hear from people who have had similar experiences as me . Much love

Ben

welcome ben, its a shame to meet u ( i say that ofcourse because it means u too have hppd haha )

its awesome u kept it together for the 4 years without knowing what was going on. everyone here is very friendly and ul get on fine.

have u noticed improvement over these 4 years?

I have not noticed any improvement in symptoms , i find it more of accepting them as they are and this has helped a lot .

To your question gmo . I do smoke pot still and at first I was taking other substances aswell but now days it's only pot and alcohol . I find cannabis helps with dealing withthe visuals , it me less aware of them, without adding to paranoia . At first though pot was givingme panicattacks and I stoppedforthe good part of two years .

To anybody that is new to this world , try to remember that it can't hurt u no matter how strange it is !!! Thelast year or so I have hada real breakthrough with being able to handle this , the paranoia has reduced significantly and I feel a hell of a lot better within my self , even though a lot of the visual symptoms are still the same .

Hey Ben, good to have you! Although hearing about longtimers diminishes my hope of ever being cured... If i'll have this for a couple of years i might as well join the army and die for a cause i believe in.

@Ben......so you stopped smoking weed and then started again??? Did weed used to make you trip out pretty hard?? I had to stop smoking about a year ago but still tried to toke every once and a while but it always made my visuals WAAAAY worse and gave me a lot of anxiety and paranoia that would last a couple days. I've been 100% off of it for like 6-8 months now though, but I'd be interested in smoking again one day.

Hi gmo , at first the weed was giving me panic attacks so I gave up, it never did make me trip like on hallucinogens just sent my body into panick mode . After about a two years I tried ganja again and it was fine , I find that it does flare my visuals a little bit but I am so used to them now that it doesn't bother me anymore . I also get a heavy head feeling sometimes when sober and weed can help make it feel comfortable . I only tried it once I felt comfortable within myself again . But what may work for some , won't work for others .