TREMENDOUS Success with Saphris (Asenapine) after 10 Years of HPPD

Hi Everyone,

I'm making this post after suffering from 10 years of HPPD while trying different medicines for most of the 10 years. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder about 4 years ago. I've been on several different anti-psychotics and I've done a lot of different drugs. I won't go on listing them as I feel it's redundant unless someone comments and is curious for their own benefit.

As for the HPPD, I see spiraling colors and static afterimages etc, all that, all the time. Recently I was hospitalized and put on Saphris. I have to pay $200 a month for it as insurance won't cover it, but damn it works! My psychotic symptoms are pretty much entirely gone (10mg dosage, highest is 20mg) AND my HPPD has been reduced by, I'd say, about 50%. I'm only about 8 days into the treatment, too. These medicines tend to show their full benefit after about 2-3 months if you didn't know.

If you are going to try it, at first the medicine may make you feel fucking terrible (the first 3-4 nights) and actually make the HPPD initially worse after the absorption. It may also give you restless leg syndrome for a few hours of which I take propranolol (blood pressure medicine) and gabapentin 600mg (non-narcotic) 30-60 minutes before I take Saphris. Saphris dissolves under your tongue and works quickly. It doesn't taste that bad. I urge anyone to at least try this who suffers. This disorder is too catastrophic to at least not try it. That's it. I'll be checking this post to reply pretty often the next week or longer, probably. Okay, see ya. There is hope besides benzos which really aren't good to be on long term due to tolerance and all that.

Thanks

Edit: I'm not a follower of this forum so I hope it's not redundant to speak this. 

• Upvote 1