I have HPPD for about a year or two. Ive stopped illegal substance use about 3 months ago.

Moosi

I think my condition is caused by usually mixing differant drugs like 2cb, lsd, shrooms, 25I nbome, noids, mdma, amphetamines, ketamine etc. mostly with weed.

I have been more or less ok with my symptomes but since i started using ritalin a bit more than a week ago 10mg twice daily it got worse, should i keep using it or will it keep getting worse.

I have also recently tried Sertralin, seroquel, diazepam and mirtazapin. Everything seems to make it worse exept diazepam.

Any ideas for treatment other than these drugs?

Which drug(s) helped you the most with symptomes of hppd?

(Sorry for bad english)

Hello,

For me staying sober and meditation have been the biggest contributors to my recovery.  It takes time and patience.  I am not sure about the ritalin but I have been on Sertraline for 3 years with good success.  Some people say it affects their symptoms but I only found this to be true in the beginning.  I tell everyone the same thing because it worked for me 

• Stop all drugs (including weed for a while but not prescribed medication) (even alcohol for a bit if you can) 
  • Get as much sleep as you can 
  • Exercise regularly even if it makes your symptoms worse
  • Eat well 
  • Stay busy with work/ school/ hobby etc
  • Try not to worry 
  • Learn to meditate if you can (this was really helpful for me) 
  • If you're open to it, start praying to God (it doesn't have to be any particular religion just ask for help on your knees everyday you don't even have to believe in anything.  For me, eventually I was willing to try anything.  I really believe strength to carry on will come if we reach out)

Also, are the drugs you are trying coming from a doctor?  If not I would recommend working with one and being honest with them.  

Eventually I realized that if I didn't get serious about cutting drugs out of my life I would never reach my potential and probably wouldn't find long term happiness.  In sobriety I have found happiness and am working towards my potential.  Tripping provided me with insight into myself, the world and the spiritual side of us.  However, eventually I was just abusing it and it the magic went away and the HPPD set in.  You sound like you have some soul searching to do.  Being honest with yourself and your situation is important to to get past this bump in the road.  I wish you the best, keep reaching out 

Nick