How's your thought process??

Gmo

So I was wondering how everyone's thought process was/wasn't affected by HPPD and drugs in general. I always made an effort to stay away from drugs that I "thought" didn't cause permanent brain damage. I've only ever really done psychedelics(aside from cocaine and ketamine both once) but these days it really feels like I might have done some type of damage. Aside from all the visual aspects of this I feel like my thought process is just a lot more spacey and less concrete than what it once was. Does anyone else experience this and is there any chance that this is some kind of permanent damage.

Yeah my minds really bad. Im not sure if its to do with hppd/dp/dr/brain fog or the drugs and booze. My memory is shit i struggle to remember what I'm talking about especially if its a boring conversation. I think this also is to do with one of my other troubles of not being able to concentrate. I find my brain will some times go blank too. I'll be adding some thing up or writhing an invoice and bang ill go blank for up to 30sec or ill start thinking of some thing els. I find I will be walking some where or doing some thing and then i'll just click and realise I'm doing some thing wrong or that i don't need to do.

This year i have begun taking supplements even though i already eat healthy and have never thought much of them. But I'm changed now. After not even 2 months I'm feeling pretty good improvements. Seems like it mite be the way for the time.

Klonopin depakote, have been messing w/ my thought process over the yrs big time.

It's never fully recovered after hppd, but I used to always sell myself short. Thinking I wouldn't be able to do certain jobs, events, ect... and eventually I worked so much I was able to sell, properties and houses till the market crashed.

I know what you're talking about being mid conversation and losing your train of though, happens all day to me, but there's ways around that at work, like pointing out different features till you get back on topic ect. I just don't want any of you newbies to sit around your house all day depressed outta your mind.

If I wouldn't of forced myself out I would be living with my Dad right now instead of owning my own house with a Good looking Colombiana wifey lol.

PS I'm a lot more paranoid, anxious, spaced out, and life seems fake but I work through it.

Yeah i have worked around mine to and am doing really well. I am slowly starting my own business while working full time for another company. Im moving over seas soon and ill come back to working after i go and see the world while i still have a chance. Seems like a lot of people have managed to do very well for them selfs even though we have this shit hanging over our heads

Yeah i have worked around mine to and am doing really well. I am slowly starting my own business while working full time for another company. Im moving over seas soon and ill come back to working after i go and see the world while i still have a chance. Seems like a lot of people have managed to do very well for them selfs even though we have this shit hanging over our heads

Yea, I'm still getting by. I'm definitely not stupid I still do fine in my classes it's just I feel like I don't breeze through my school work like I used to but ultimately I come to the same answers. You said you started taking supplemements, what kind??

I know the feeling. Every thing use to feel easy is now some thing i have to try at. At the moment I'm taking the standard 2 multi vitamins, 4 fish oil caps and 1500mg of NAC a day. There was also the other ones Visual got me onto which was 5000 mcg of B12, 1200 mg GPC, 3000 mg MSM. This is meant to help with nerve growth. He also said to take it 3 days on 2 weeks off. So far NAC has helped the most but I feel these other ones need a lot longer time to help repair the damage that has been done. I would say I have improved about 20% so far. It may also be that i have cut down the amount of alcohol i was drinking.

Note on fish oil - you can 'load-dose' for 2 weeks. After that, do not take more than 1000mg per day. The reason is that initially high doses reduce inflammation. But after 2 weeks, high doses cause inflammation.

As for thought processes, A hallmark symptom of my diagnosis is attention/focus problems. Not that these mean one has toxic encephalitis, since anxiety (for example) causes such difficulty. So it takes a lot of effort to stay focused.

One complication is the feeling of information overload. To illustrate, take the alphabet - something simple that we all know by heart. Look at 3 letters in the middle, say JKL, no problem. Now look at 7 letters, HIJKLMN, this is a struggle. Look at all 26, ABCDEFGHIJKLMONPQRSTUVWXYZ, I feel so confused and frustrated I have to look away.

There are cognitive areas that work fine (have always been and still am very analytical). Others are sluggish (vision) or troublesome. Tried to correct my granddaughters 2nd grade math test and it was all I could do (and I used to be an engineer, lol). It is like being shot it the head by a shotgun with microscopic pellets. It seems random what works and doesn't (though it is consistent). And what is missing is realized only when trying certain tasks.