Hppd flare up?

Jjjj

Hello,

When I was teenager I had some experiences with weed and synthetic weed. I was not a chronic user. I probably got high about 8/10 times at most with weed and about 5 times with synthetic. After smoking what I think was laced weed I started to experience hppd from that next day on. I dealt with it for about 1-2 years and noticed it greatly diminished to the point where I didn’t even know what hppd felt like anymore. Every now and then I would get a little panicky but most of the effects were gone. Well after about 6 years I got struck with a really bad flu and was prescribed some antibiotics and the generic brand for tamiflu. One day as the flu symptoms went away I literally woke up feeling hppd all over again as hard as the first time around. It felt like I was doing drugs all over again. Now I’m left with the confusion of how it resurfaced without recent illicit drug use. Now I’m battling hppd all over again and my symptoms have caused severe anxiety and depression. For a while it seemed to be getting a bit better but somehow the anxiety got a hold of me a bit stronger and I am back to the beginning of it. I’m having constant visuals, after images, ghosting, and I have a really hard time concentrating on things or even remembering things because of how I feel. I also noticed a big increase in visual snow. Has anyone had a flare up similar to this?? Or has anyone had it more than once and got it to go away again?? What should I do in my condition?? Any advice? Is there hope for me? I thought I had defeated this and now that I am experiencing this again it has completely made me second guess my whole life. I am also starting to have suicidal thoughts. Should I just hang in there and see if time will help? At this point idk what to do and need help. (Btw this happened in February of 2018 it is now July 2019 and I’m still struggling) 

Edited by Jjjj

Yes, there is hope for you.  Don't start thinking there is no hope.  Your symptoms significantly moderated before and that's a really good sign.  I have no idea why the flu, tamiflu, or antibiotics would cause a relapse (I'm not a doctor or a medical professional).  I'm hyper-sensitive to cold medications and don't take them.  You may have a similar issue

Have you had a physical since you were sick?  Just curious.  

Stay clean, stay focused, and give yourself some time.  I can't stress enough, your life is worth living!  Don't ever underestimate your inner strength.

Hang in there and take care.

12 hours ago, MadDoc said:

Yes, there is hope for you.  Don't start thinking there is no hope.  Your symptoms significantly moderated before and that's a really good sign.  I have no idea why the flu, tamiflu, or antibiotics would cause a relapse (I'm not a doctor or a medical professional).  I'm hyper-sensitive to cold medications and don't take them.  You may have a similar issue

Have you had a physical since you were sick?  Just curious.  

Stay clean, stay focused, and give yourself some time.  I can't stress enough, your life is worth living!  Don't ever underestimate your inner strength.

Hang in there and take care.

Thank you for your reply. I’m just as confused as you are on why I had a relapse completely out of nowhere after getting sick. At this point, I think it may had something to do with how sick I got and it might have made my body very weak causing my mental state to become weak as well. That was the most ill I’ve ever been in my life and it really knocked me out for a few weeks. Prior to this happening I have used other medications and never had any side effects to even come close to this. And no I have not had a physical since I was sick but I am thinking of making a drs appointment soon to rule out any other causes for this. It just feels like my whole life is a haze or even dream like. My thoughts are so unorganized and I have also lost sense of time and days because of my symptoms. I will keep in mind to take care of myself more and see if there is any improvement.