Ketamine Infusion Therapy - WARNING!

RE: Depression and Ketamine Infusion Therapy - WARNING!

I wanted to share IMPORTANT information about a trendy treatment for severe depression/suicidality.  That is, the use of ketamine IV therapy.  It's expensive and there are news reports that it is a miracle for serious depression ( there's alot of stuff on youtube.com). 

My son had two rounds of Ketamine Infusion Therapy, and it seemed to work - we were (initially) quite impressed with the effects. Then I found a case report written by Dr. Abraham last year that shows the ketamine IV therapy CAUSED HPPD in an individual!  If it causes HPPD, then it might exacerbate the HPPD, too. Please see the article... I am providing the online link, below, and attaching a PDF copy here.

Salzman, Carl & David Abraham, Henry. (2017). Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder Following Therapeutic Ketamine: A Case Report. Journal of Alcoholism & Drug Dependence. 05. 10.4172/2329-6488.1000281. 

Link: https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/hallucinogen-persisting-perception-disorder-following-therapeutic-ketamine-a-case-report-2329-6488-1000281-93968.html 

PDF copy attached.

Hope this information helps!

Doreen Lewis, PhD

hallucinogen-persisting-perception-disorder-following-therapeuticketamine-a-case-report-2329-6488-1000281 (3).pdf

• Upvote 2

It definitely exacerbates hppd,,, I can confirm that one personally!

On the flipside, I have seen a friend of mine, who was severally depressed get cured by ketamine... There is certainly something to it. What is required is serious warnings by these doctors before taking on each patient. Adding hppd, dpdr and anxiety to an already depressed person will results in many suicides. 

Sadly, the cash grab is gonna lead to a lot of misinformation and future problems.

• Like 1