2 Years Coming Up.

holly

Hey All!

It's almost been two years now with HPPD, coming up on June 2nd. Man, it's been a hell of a fucking ride. I don't know where to start, I've grown so much since getting it when I was 16, I'm 18 now. I'm graduating from high school in 15 days. This site has been in my life less-so in the past year, but you guys really gave me the guidance I so needed as a confused 16-year-old. I just wanted to come on and say thank you for all the guidance and love. Just wanted to say my symptoms really have almost gone away, like 90% gone! It's just the fucking depersonalization and sadness I feel that stay with me regardless of the change I've gone through. Even though I feel this way, life is only going to get better from here! To another year!

Andrew A.K.A Originally

• Like 4

Congrats! I wish more people posted about when they get better. I think the vast majority of people with HPPD recover, if not fully then at least to a degree they can live with it and sustain a normal life. You're lucky to have been so young and have had such a malleable brain. You've got your whole life ahead of you now! Stay away from drugs and make the most of it! 

• Like 3

90 percent is huge!  That's wonderful!  If you've recovered that much in two years, I think you'll see continued improvement.  Whatever you're doing to deal with this disorder, keep at it!

In the future someone will come to this forum, read your post, and it'll give them hope.

• Like 1