90% of visuals gone, yet something persists

Hi, all.

I have been suffering from HPPD since the last 3 years. Onset was 1 month after a terrible LSD Trip.

90% of my visuals have disappeared. As well as 90% of DP/Dr.

However, I still feel... sick? Not during the whole day, but in phases: I start feeling feverish, kinda dirty from the inside, brain fog sets in and my feet and hands (not always) get cold. This feverish state was one of the worst symptoms since I felt fatigued as fuck. Sensitive to light, etc...

Anyone else here having these same problems or could this be something else? Is this feverish state also a symptom of HPPD? I havent found much info on it.

I have been on the AutoImmuneProtocol diet for 2-3 weeks now after switching from paleo and I have been supplementing daily with NAC and CBD. Both help a lot. But this fever is odd. I get sick really really really easily.

Hey, I have been sober this whole time, I do cardio, started with no gluten diet then moved onto paleo and now I'm on an AutoImmuneProtocol diet. I supplement daily with NAC, CBD and lemonade (2-3 lemons throughout the day).

Only thing I haven't done is quit smoking cigarettes.

I've had this recently as a result of mold poisoning. Chills and being cold are usually a result of internal infection, as far as I know. You're doing the best thing you can to help yourself though. I had severe brain fog the first year of HPPD then when I switched to a hardcore paleo diet it essentially vanished. Any sort of intestinal inflammation (which is common in the West) will cause inflammatory responses in the brain which only exacerbate HPPD. If you want to kill off bugs, parasites, fungi, you name it, the best diet is one with lots of chlorophyll (green veggies), low sugar (weakens the immune system), antioxidants and healthy proteins to repair any damage you sustain as a result of the infection or your body's response to it. 

43 minutes ago, K.B.Fante said:

I've had this recently as a result of mold poisoning. Chills and being cold are usually a result of internal infection, as far as I know. You're doing the best thing you can to help yourself though. I had severe brain fog the first year of HPPD then when I switched to a hardcore paleo diet it essentially vanished. Any sort of intestinal inflammation (which is common in the West) will cause inflammatory responses in the brain which only exacerbate HPPD. If you want to kill off bugs, parasites, fungi, you name it, the best diet is one with lots of chlorophyll (green veggies), low sugar (weakens the immune system), antioxidants and healthy proteins to repair any damage you sustain as a result of the infection or your body's response to it. 

As I said, my diet is AutoImmuneProtocol so I'm pretty much on the safe side. But something ain't right, pre-HPPD I rarely if ever got sick + I would walk it off. Now, I get a cold/flu-like feeling almost every day. :/ It almost feels like a depressing delirium: foggy, cold feet/hands, shallow breathing, feeling dirty/icky from the inside and certainly a bit dumber... 

6 hours ago, dafuq said:

As I said, my diet is AutoImmuneProtocol so I'm pretty much on the safe side. But something ain't right, pre-HPPD I rarely if ever got sick + I would walk it off. Now, I get a cold/flu-like feeling almost every day. 😕 It almost feels like a depressing delirium: foggy, cold feet/hands, shallow breathing, feeling dirty/icky from the inside and certainly a bit dumber... 

Yeah, I know those feelings. You should go to a doctor and get some blood tests run as those symptoms can be all sorts of different things. Not sure how much they're related to HPPD if at all...

Having your symptoms decrease so much, so fast, is a REALLY good sign!  You've been through a lot.  Healing can take time, so be patient.  I've found that there is no getting back to "normal" over the long haul.  Over time, what's normal changes and initially the new normal might be unfamiliar.  Life is dynamic but fortunately, as humans we're adaptable.

Take care of your body, avoid chemicals, and your new normal is likely to be a good place.

Edited by MadDoc
Clarification