Nutmeg and physical pain, my experience of HPPD

Lucas

Hey all, my name is Lucas and I'm french, I'm 22 years old.

I started doing psychedelics 4 years ago, but if I remember correctly it's an heavy period of MDMA/Ectsasy use that earned me HPPD.

It was nothing too spectacular, visual snow + halos around lights, I thought nothing about it. It worsened when I took drugs and got better when I didn't for a while. Really not that much of a problem.

But 2 years ago I did nutmeg just to see what was the effect of it, i took a fair amount (about 2 little bottle of grounded numteg). Since this day nothing has ever been like before. My HPPD worsened a lot, I know have strong afterimages, strong visual snow, blurry vision, eyes and mouth dryness, memory issues, reading is more difficult and also I have a lingering pain in, between, and around the eyes.

It's debilitating.It ruins my life. I can do with all this shit but the pain is too much, it's 24/7 since 2 years.

Of course like many I think, I did all the exams in the world, which you guessed it all came back fine. It's only since recently that I started to make the connection between HPPD and my symptoms, I know usually people don't feel physical pain due to it but it seems in my case to be linked with the other symptoms.

Numteg is an anticholinergic delirant. After hours and hours and hours of researching the internet I found on this forum that many people were discussing the link between acetylcholine and HPPD. 

Anticholinergic toxicity is always acute, but there are many similiaities between it and HPPD : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticholinergic

I think maybe a high dose of anticholinergic drug on people who already have a mild case of HPPD can worsen it dramatically.

I will delve on this forum more to gather information and talk about all that to my neurologist, I hope she ever heard of HPPD before or it will be fastidious lol

Good luck to you all :)

• 3 years later...

You're doing a great job of sharing your experience and trying to keep others safe. But you must understand that whether you are in treatment or not, you must learn to control your urges and addiction. It's hard enough, but other people's experiences show it is possible. Find all the ways that work for you and start fighting for yourself. You may also need a русская аптека в сша for this. As far as I know, there might be medications for your case there. So do your own research on this forum, and don't just rely on your doctors for help.

Edited by lahouariapretty