Is this HPPD?

billy

Hello All,

I did 2 tabs LSD a little over a month ago. Ever since then I haven't felt right. The first thing I noticed were floaters, I had like 20 that I could see. I thought that the LSD had caused a retinal detachment, and a week after the trip went to an optometrist who told me I do have a few floaters, but nothing serious. I've noticed them before but never as crazily as this. I also noticed a sensitivity to light, like if I looked at the tv right it would make me very uncomfortable.

Since then I searched the Internet for floaters related to LSD and ended up learning all about about HPPD, and the other symptoms. I can't tell if I have the symptoms or not because they are so variable. Sometimes I am sure I have visual snow, other times I can't see any. I have moments when I feel depersonalized, and moments when I don't. sometimes lines look wavy and other times they're 100% straight. I feel like I might see starbursts on lights at night, but I didn't notice that until I read about it and looked for it, so idk if it's really any different than normal.

The only symptoms that are 100% there all the time is the floaters, and light sensitivity. They are so noticeable when move my eyes, and make me very uncomfortable. Also staring at a projector screen or the sky is really uncomfortable.

Do you guys think this is HPPD?

Floaters are normal.  Perhaps you're just noticing them now.  I've never heard of lsd causing retinal detachment.   I took a truck load of acid, and my eyes are still working fine.  I suspect you don't have hppd symptoms.  Perhaps some residual post-dosing weirdness.  If you're concerned, stay away from drugs for a while to see how you're doing.  Understand that hppd can be a truly debilitating condition, and it doesn't sound like that's what you're dealing with.  Just my opinion you understand.  I'm not a doctor, I'm just some old guy who has had hppd for a long time.