Can't tell if I have HPPD/Mild HPPD or something else

Hey guys! So I'm new to this because I've come to realize that I may possibly have HPPD

Two weekends ago I tried shrooms for the first time in some tea my friend made at a house party and it was probably the worst decision I ever made. I honestly didn't really have any crazy visuals or anything. It was just strange and things were different. I was paranoid, kinda sad and couldn't fall asleep. I dreaded every second of it and I knew I shouldn't have drank the damn tea. I essentially had an awful trip and made me never want to do psychedelics again. The day after was pretty tough but I eventually felt normal again. The following week I felt completely normal with no symptoms at all. Then this past weekend I went to another party and decided to drink a little and I also smoked. I smoked A LOT probably the most I've had in a really long time. I also had a great time but the following day was shit. And the next day and the next day. I felt like I wasn't getting better. I noticed that I had just a little bit of VS but I mean I thought I've always had some. and everything was just a little strange still. It was taking me forever to sleep and my head felt a little weird. At night lights seem more enhanced or something? All this week I've not felt myself and it's awful. I've been trying super hard to ignore it and tbh I've seen some improvement today and yesterday almost to where I've felt normal. I just want to know if it was possible that I got HPPD from all the weed I smoked this past weekend or if it possibly triggered it from me taking shrooms the weekend before. I'm not that much of a drug user and I'm honestly have a low tolerance for things. I just need to know if it's HPPD or something else or if I'm just tripping myself out. These past few months I will be honest and say that I've been smoking and going out just about every weekend. So please if you guys have any info or tips for me that would be great. I've been a little stressed out about this and worried that my life is screwed. I have also take ecstasy before but it was quite a while back. Thanks for your help guys. I'm so glad I found this board if this is what I may possibly have!

never forget that weed is also a bit psychedelic depending on the amount of thc the strain contains.

cant tell exactly what was the trigger...but it seems that you have had a bad trip entering a cycle of worry about it  and after you tryed weed the next time it seems that you retriggered some kind of flashback to your trip.

it can be slight hppd, flashbacks or you could have triggered an anxiety disorder....

but no matter what it is you should stop doing drugs the next few month to make sure that it fades away and you dont reinforce it by retriggering...and then after a while you can decide if you want to try drugs again...but i would just leave it at weed if you do.

and do everything possible to stay super healthy...its always helpful for recovering...

dont worry about it...its making it worse...all the best man 

sounds like you have what I would call pre-hppd... It's your body's huge warning sign that it is not responding well to drugs.

There is a very good chance it will go soon and you will be 100% back to normal, but heed the warning... Next time might take you to the next level of hppd, especially mdma or psychedelics. It's not worth the risk for a night of fun.

That's awesome to hear thanks guys! And for the time being should I stay completely away from alcohol too? Or limit myself to just a buzz off of it? My college is having its rivalry game tonight and my friends all want to go tailgating? Stick to beer maybe? Thanks again!

dont use alcohol if you overdo it..it will act like every other drug and malke it worse...when i had hppd i wasnt even able to smoke cigarettes...so what im trying to say is drugs are drugs and all of them are altering your consciousness in some way and if you have to deal with mental illness like hppd or anxiety disorders, etc. you are highly sensitive to altered states...i wouldnt do it if i were you...but if you feel the urge to drink, keep it low...

avoid unnecessary risks...its not worth it 

• Upvote 1

Update: I was DD last night and only had a couple beers. Didn't notice any changes in visuals. maybe a little more VS when I first got up but that's about it. There is one thing though that I forgot to mention. At night the lights give off a little starburst kinda thing and when looking at a phone/TV screen its not the same as it used to be, not exactly sure how to describe it. I was just wondering from you guys that have gotten over this, do these symptoms go away? Or have you learned to just ignore them? I just don't want them to increase and all that. Going to be sticking to healthy eating from here on out and probably wont be drinking for a while, I have lots of homework and studying to be doing hahaha

well most people would tell you that their visuals never have faded completely but my visuals did...and even though i cant say its the same thing for you, i can tell you that i had it much worse so chances of someone with your low hppd intensity becoming fully cured are way higher...compared to me you were still lucky...i mean take no riisk, do everything to beat hppd but also beleive in yourself..