As I said on another thread I've tapered down off klonopin. Except, never fully. I've been down to 0.125mgs/day the past 9 weeks. Not very significant effect other than to diminish some withdrawals. Of course, slower the better.

Then today I just lost my patience with dripping colors everywhere and crap warping all over the place so I said screw it and took 2 milligrams of klonopin. A vacation I guess, but I'm sure I'll be hating myself in a few days. Fail. Now I'm going to go enjoy what I can.

Gill,

I am an addict in recovery. What you are doing is the hardest withdrawal I have known, and working in a substance abuse detox unit I can say the hardest and most dangerous (along with severe alcohol use). To even take the steps you are doing is superhuman, and nobody is perfect and particularly when you have withdrawal in one hand and HPPD symptoms in another, but one day does not reset all of your hard work. If you feel like you hate yourself, give me a call and I will tell you how many days I have hated myself for breaking my schedule, but most importantly I learned to give myself some credit for even trying to reduce medication when so many are doing just the opposite.

- dk

thanks for your replies guys. It's helpful to hear from others who can relate. Idk, I'm working to feel less guilty about this and that. You know, I think sometimes I underestimate, maybe you too, just how strong psychedelic drugs were. Whatever. Nice to have a board to vent about this stuff, it is appreciated.....

thanks for your replies guys. It's helpful to hear from others who can relate. Idk, I'm working to feel less guilty about this and that. You know, I think sometimes I underestimate, maybe you too, just how strong psychedelic drugs were. Whatever. Nice to have a board to vent about this stuff, it is appreciated.....