Sinemet

hppd33

Ok things changed. My psych didnt want to prescribe me Sinemet, only neurologists may prescribe this.

We agreed to quit anafranil, because it doesnt work and my mouth is dry as a dessert..10 days quit then start welbutrin.

Now i got Perphenazine, does anyone used this?? It seems an Israelin Doctor got good results with this med, but i cant find anything about HPPD and Perphenazine

I do get some results with DP and Perphenazine. Well we'll see. Ill report when someting changes drasticly.

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20678-i-got-better-you-can-too/

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hppd33,

hope you're doing alright. Can't Gerard prescribe you Sinemet? If not, perhaps try Mucuna Pruriens (e.g. Now Foods standardized to 15% L-DOPA). Although not containing Carbidopa, the DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor preventing breakdown in the stomach, it has shown to be equally (and in some cases more) effective than Sinemet for Parkinson's, ultimately indicating there's probably a currently unidentified natural DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor present in it. In other words; try Mucuna Pruriens; it should be at least somewhat indicative of whether or not Sinemet could help you.

Perphenazine is Nardil, correct? Looking forward to your experience with it; MAOI's tend to have a higher efficacy rate than first- and second-line treatments.

Best,
odisa.

• Upvote 1

Perphenazine is Nardil, correct? Looking forward to your experience with it; MAOI's tend to have a higher efficacy rate than first- and second-line treatments.

Perphenazine is a typical anti-dopaminergic antipsychotic unfortunately. Nardil is phenelzine, so they do sound a lot alike :)

Oh! Got my drugs mixed up. I'd advise against it then, though it does seem better than other AP's from a glance.

Sorry State; I really got my stuff mixed up today.. I just edited your post instead of replying. -odisa

Hey hppd33,

hope you're doing alright. Can't Gerard prescribe you Sinemet? If not, perhaps try Mucuna Pruriens (e.g. Now Foods standardized to 15% L-DOPA). Although not containing Carbidopa, the DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor preventing breakdown in the stomach, it has shown to be equally (and in some cases more) effective than Sinemet for Parkinson's, ultimately indicating there's probably a currently unidentified natural DOPA decarboxylase inhibitor present in it. In other words; try Mucuna Pruriens; it should be at least somewhat indicative of whether or not Sinemet could help you.

Best,

odisa.

Thanks for that Odisa! Perphenazine didnt do anything with my hppd, mybe less chaotic with thinking but thats the thing with anti-psych. Gerard cant prscribe sinemet since he is not a neurologist.. neither can my psych because of the same reason. That Mucuna sounds good, did you take it?

I a doing the same as 23 months ao since intoxication, nothing changed perhaps maybe i accepted it a little and gives me less anxiety.. i know whats going on now but i feel somewhere i can do a lot better.

I am still on a SNRI (effexor) Do you think i can take Mucuna along with that and klonopin?

Thansk!

No problem. Yes; I doubt Perphenazine would do anything for the visuals, but perhaps it could be useful for co-morbid symptoms. edit: didn't see StateOfRegret's post. Hmm, from a glance it seems like it's slightly better than other AP's, but honestly I'd just avoid AP's in general. edit 2: it's 5 times more potent than Thorazine.. Hmm, I'm not well informed on Perphenazine, but I would definitely not touch it.

Ah I see.. Hmm then your options are indeed limited; you will have to be referred to a neurologist to get Sinemet.
Yes, I took Mucuna, but only once, so I can hardly evaluate it. I will try it again, however.

Sorry to hear things haven't improved much.. at least you're still looking for a solution!

I'm not sure about combining L-DOPA or Mucuna Pruriens with an SNRI: Dopamine is the precursor to Norepinephrine after all, so that may be conflicting. Also, apparently Dopamine inhibits Norepinephrine release when agonizing the D2 receptor. I would proceed cautiously, and preferably discuss with a doctor. Is the effexor/venlafaxine helping at all?

There should be little issue combining it with Clonazepam/Klonopin though.

Cheers!