Exaggerating

brake

I tell them to stare at my 1000 watt high pressure sodium light for one minute and I will give them 100 dollars cash. (There is a punch line here) Soooo they take me up on it everytime. I pull the 100 dollar bill out they get really excited because it's such a easy task accompanied by really easy money.. "Are u ready?" "Yes" "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16, Pause "What are u doing keep counting" "Shit sorry man" 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, "Keep staring at the light or u don't get the $$$" eventually I reach the 60 seconds" I unplug the super bright light quickly and ask them what do u see? while I push them towards the stairs. They usually freak out because they think there going to have the bright color and spots in their eyes forever.. I tell them to hold out their hand(While they are still seeing deep dark afterimages from the powerful 140,000 lumen light) and I pay them with a five dollar bill while telling them its a hundred. I also tell them hopefully they don't see those colors like me for the rest of their lives.. Then I explain to them what u seen there was a strong afterimage from the light and then they get it everytime.

My sister was so paranoid when I did it to her she seriously thought her vision was fucked for good but it came back to her after like 20 minutes and she told me it was absolutely horrible. I then later asked her if she wanted to do it again for two hundred she said she would not do it for a million again.. Lol..

Put that one in ur pipe and smoke it..

I agree with you StateOfRegret but I want to make my friend understand without getting angry. I think he takes me more serious now as I kept mentioning my symptoms for such a long time and told him how serious this is to me.

Yeah Mike since their is no visible suffering everyone will think you look fine and are fine.

24years I think that is a great demonstration! Lol That would definitely give people the idea of what its like!

• 1 month later...

yeah i dno none of my friends have outright said it but ive had afew people sort of say that they have the same thing and they dont get the problem. these people tend to still take drugs all the time and say sometimes afew things wiggle.... they dont seem to understand that that isnt what is happening to me :P

• Upvote 1

i know! obviously if its intruding into my life this much it is a problem, even if they dont understand why, they could at least try getting the anxiety it gives me. tbh i dont even like to talk about it when i really feel the need to im convinced everyone thinks im a nutter whenever i do and that theyre sick of hearing about it but i honestly have no idea if that is true or just me being paranoid....

I always end up downplaying the severity of it when explaining it to people, so as to not freak them out. I sort of wish I wouldn't.

Same here. After vaguely describing some symptoms "my conclusion" is often something along the lines of: "It´s distracting at times, but after a while it probably goes away or I get used to it. Made me really anxious at first, but at least it´s not like I´m dying or anything hehe B)" But then later alone in bed at night I´m suddenly not so cool about it (although, if I´m not trying to sleep, this is sometimes my favorite time of the day as DP/DR is for some reason often significantly reduced past midnight)

yes all the time it drives me crazy because at least for me i can't explain the way i feel and sum people have no idea what hallucinogens can do to a persons brain my best friend thinks that and i hate i always listen to his problems which are nothing compared to what I'm going through but i just can't say anything cus he dosnt get it and thinks its something i can just stop but ya no what if there like that they just don't get it and they won't just don't even give them the time of day