Acetazolamide

As far as I know no one on this forum has tried this medication (but please chime in if you have). I have just been given a two weeks' prescription and I will use this thread to document any improvements in symptoms or side effects.

Haha. You disappear for ages and then come back with a "this might kill you" warning, "but do it anyway". You want me dead, don't you? But yeah, where would we be if people hadn't guinea pigged themselves? I'll take one for the team.

Ha, no it hasn't killed me. It hasn't really done much of anything yet. I was expecting the side effects to be quite bad but so far all I've experienced is some mild tingling and numbness. No effect on visuals. I've just doubled my dose to 500mg.

Shame (that it is not doing much, not the no dying part!)

Keep us posted.... I'm back to the neuro next week and looking into the next meds to guinea pig on... Probably Buspirone and Etizolam (as a benzo replacement)

Okay, one week in and still no improvements. Side effects have worsened slightly. I don't think this one is going to work for me. If anyone else is interested in this medication it is discussed in the paper I recently posted and there is a link to the original study that describes its efficacy in treating visual snow.