Iboga for DP/DR?

zukov

Okey, i know its probably a bad idea, but i found this very interesting on dpselfhelp.com.

From wiki:

Tabernanthe iboga or simply iboga is a perennial rainforest shrub and hallucinogen, native to western Central Africa. Iboga stimulates thecentral nervous system when taken in small doses and induces visions in larger doses. In parts of Africa where the plant grows the bark of the root is chewed for various pharmacological or ritualistic purposes. Ibogaine, the active alkaloid, is also used to treat substance abuse disorders. A small amount of ibogaine, along with precursors of ibogaine are found in Voacanga africana.

Addiction treatment:

Outside Africa, iboga extracts as well as the purified alkaloid ibogaine are used in treating opiate addiction. The therapy may last several days and upon completion the subject is generally no longer physically dependent.[3] One methadone patient said in the Dutch behind-the-news show NOVA that in just four days he reached a state that normally would have taken him three months, but without the agony. Evidence suggests that ibogaine may also help to interrupt addiction to alcohol and nicotine. The pharmacological effects are rather undisputed with hundreds of peer reviewed papers in support but formal clinical studies have not been completed.[citation needed]

In the United States, these clinics are illegal but exist nonetheless, providing treatment for a wide variety of addictions

-----------------

Some people on dpselfhelp have been cured depersonalization with this root

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33612-iboga/

http://www.dpselfhelp.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32151-there-is-a-suppressed-cure-iboga/

and there's some interesting info on this website http://www.ibogahouse.com/depersonalization-natural-treatment/

I think this root and its effects are similar to mushrooms... for us isnt a good idea take more hallucinogens... but i wont lie... when you have depersonalization you want to try everything to stop this dream-like state.

NO
NO
NO

I'll expand on this later, but just NO.

source: experience

edit: well, I talked a bit about it in this post. Micro-dosing might be safe, so as to not have a full-blown, I-can-barely-walk, psycho-spiritual journey.

And if you want to try everything, as you said, then try tDCS first. I had an occasion where I was DP-free for at least 15 minutes. The short effect duration might be due to the fact that it was a home-made device and placement might've been improper. HD-tDCS has a lot more potential than tDCS, so it might also be able to have profounder, longer lasting effects than regular tDCS.

In any case, if done correctly, tDCS is completely harmless. Tends to make it climb the ladder of preferability a little.

NO

NO

NO

I'll expand on this later, but just NO.

source: experience

edit: well, I talked a bit about it in this post. Micro-dosing might be safe, so as to not have a full-blown, I-can-barely-walk, psycho-spiritual journey.

And if you want to try everything, as you said, then try tDCS first. I had an occasion where I was DP-free for at least 15 minutes. The short effect duration might be due to the fact that it was a home-made device and placement might've been improper. HD-tDCS has a lot more potential than tDCS, so it might also be able to have profounder, longer lasting effects than regular tDCS.

In any case, if done correctly, tDCS is completely harmless. Tends to make it climb the ladder of preferability a little.

Hi there,

Can I ask what area of the brain you targeted on the occasion you became DP free for that short duration? Thanks.