My theory on the length of HPPD recovery

Sam

The word "disinhibition" comes up ... which is lack of inhibition ... which is lack of regulation.

Lack of regulation can be overactivity, misdirected activity, ... even under activity. With us, it probably involves all of these.

Here is an other word: dysregulation - "dysfunctional level of an activity or chemical in an organism by disrupting normal function of a regulatory mechanism"

What causes such things? Neuronal connections (synapses) are how neurons communicate. So any changes in synapses (oxidation, plasticity - change in size (strength) or number), metabolic support for neuronal firing (energy, impaired or enhanced chemical reactions), or even damaged axons - - - will cause circuits to no longer work as per design.

On the plus side,

1) The brain 'wants' (DNA) to be hardwired correctly. So anything 'healing' would support repair if needed

2) The brain learns through experience. So we can try to reteach it.

As for the terms 'brain-damage' and 'brain-injury' ... these sound scary. But you can find lots of medical research that may apply (treatment options) by including these words in searches.

Damage sounds more appealing to me than psychosis, id rather be injured that a fucking nut case. It feels like the brain isnt getting enough oxygen, it explains the pains, pressures and the general feeling of being detatched, has anyone had experience diving or where theyv had oxygen?

Well, i am an Advanced diver and when i am submerged more then 20 feet my brain calms down and i do not think about HPPD at all. Or anything to be exact. But everyone gets that, the "martini" effect when submerged for some time.

Damage sounds more appealing to me than psychosis, id rather be injured that a fucking nut case. It feels like the brain isnt getting enough oxygen, it explains the pains, pressures and the general feeling of being detatched, has anyone had experience diving or where theyv had oxygen?

Well, i am an Advanced diver and when i am submerged more then 20 feet my brain calms down and i do not think about HPPD at all. Or anything to be exact. But everyone gets that, the "martini" effect when submerged for some time.

Nitrogen Narcosis? What is your air mixture?

Love to snorkle. Never tried scuba (can't pop ears). It is a 'magical' world ... a different reality. Truely beautiful

"Injury" does sount more appealing ...

mad-as-hell.jpgCrazyRonPaul.jpglunatic.png

ATM, i use regular 21% but am about to go for the enriched type, i am not only interested in the visual part of scuba but the meditative state, weightless without thought. When you learn to control the breathing, its religious.

Nitrogen Narcosis? What is your air mixture?

I took a hallucinogen roughly 3 years ago and during that time period I was smoking weed quite a bit every single day, The day after taking the drug (PCE) I woke up to "Visual Snow" or HPPD you guess it because I am uncertain to be honest (I have not taken any other hallucinogens in my life before this and I did not after) It was a 1 time deal. Anyway, I continued to smoke weed every single day until about 3 months after obtaining the visual snow affect. I got into playing video games on the computer a lot around this time until one day during a very intense session of playing I got a panic attack, but didn't know it was a panic attack, I thought I was dying essentially. The next week after getting this panic attack I would continue to get them and they would increase in intensity, keep in mind I had no idea what was going on so I thought I was dying, making the panic much worse. One day I got a panic attack so bad that I went to the ER where they drew blood from me and ran tests only to find I was completely healthy, From that day on I quit smoking weed and my panic slowly decreased until completely leaving me about 4 months after the incident, I did not seek any help during this time, I delt with it myself. Its been 3 years and my visual snow/hppd has not gotten worse nor better. there are days where it feels completely gone and I am a genius for 24 hours essentially, I am a professional gamer and this as certainly gotten in my way but has not stopped me nor will I allow it to. All you can do is learn to adapt to it until that wonderful day comes where you wake up and its gone. who knows when but I'm certain it will come friends. Thanks for taking the time to read this -Rezoe