Not fun. Started out as muffled hearing in my right ear. Slowly been getting that long beeeeeeeeee noise. It isn't loud, especially since im always listening to music and what not. I hardly notice it, except when lying on my right side in bed, or pushing in on my right ear. Any chances or worsening? Any chances of it going away? This is lame! I'm trying not to focus on it, but as with any symptom, that is a bit easier said than done.

Iv had tinnitus since childhood thats come and gone but hppd has made it extremely bad at times. Excersize really helps, just gotta try drain it out, dont listen to loud music and itl go away, really best not to think about it. Its one of these things that can disappear over night. Mine got noticeably bad, infact almost unbearable when i saw dillinja playing on his " valve sound " soundsystem, i wish i hadnt been drunk hanging off the cage of the bass bins

I hear ya buddy lol......I've had tinnitus for about 15 years in my right ear. Tinnitus is usually caused by hearing loss. I even remember when I got to the point of no return. I don't think my hearing will ever come back and the tinnitus will always be there. I have 45% loss. I was at a concert with the Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine and Bad Religion. During Bad Religion, that was it, never been the same since. Don't ever see them. TOO loud.

Anyway, here's what to do, i believe most of the damage is caused by the High or High-Mid frequencies (like maybe 700hz-20kHz) but there can be physical damage from being to close to bass cabs too. Really loud things that last only a second are bad but something loud that lasts longer and longer in duration, for every second that goes by, those little conductive hairs in your ear are being damaged/broken etc. Stay away from bad electronics, MP3 players, concerts or jam sessions without good earplugs, loud drunken people, and headphones. If it is too high pitched, abrasive, or it hurt, just get out of there.

Now that you have a touch of it, drink a lot of water and take 1 pill of aspirin. And they say CoQ10....i guess.

• 2 months later...

When i got tinnitus, i think it was partially related to fluid accumulation from travel, sickness, and ear infections. Of course, for me, the loud music wasn't helping and may have only been partially to blame. I don't know much about neurological hearing loss per se but i do know that there is conductive hearing loss.........and there certainly can be a link between the two (nerves and conduction) [perhaps the same thing, in this case]

Either way it seems that the end result is the same and, for sure, unfortunate.