HPPD guru

Jayjoe

Hello all I stumbled onto this site by complete accident and decided to make an account  to share my experience with an LSD induced HPPD issue that has so far lasted for only 33 years lol. I hope that number doesn't create any fear as everyone is different and others it may last no where near as long. A little background. I took LSD If I recall around 20 times and mushrooms around maybe 10 times within a period of a couple years starting when i was 18 and ending when i was 20. To make a long story short, I have had this HPPD issue ever since 1990 and from time to time it still comes back to this day. The last acid trip was a bad one and from that day forward it started. The first 5 years were the worst with walls breathing, clouds forming into faces, bad afterimages, Bizarre shapes and patterns when i closed my eyes to go to sleep, depression and anxiety etc. This continued for a long time but slowly got better and better throughout the years and I just learned to ignore it. Today at 52 years old my only symptoms are mild afterimages particularly when i look away from computer screens and TV screens and a small to medium sized purple dot in my peripheral vision from time to time. Strange that one is yes. Anyway as a 33 year sufferer from this silly disorder the biggest advice I can give to anyone else suffering from this is to advise everyone you know to stay far far away from any Psychedelics of any sort and for yourself I can not stress this enough YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY quit taking any drugs or alcohol of any sort for the rest of your life and yes weed is real bad for triggering and making symptoms way way worse. You are playing Russian roulette with you mind and soul if you suffer from HPPD and you continue taking any drugs or drinking alcohol as this WILL magnify the problem. You absolutely need to be positive and also get lots of exercise and eat right to be able to cope and be aware that while it will take time, you will eventually get through this and lead a happy life. cheers..   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jayjoe! Glad you are doing better! Did you have any difficulties sleeping? And if so how long did it last for? I have had troubles sleeping for 3 months now and I’m deperate  to get my sleep back. I haven’t tired anything for sleep yet because I’m a bit scared to do so since I’ve got very weird reactions to medicines since this started..any recommendations? 

• Upvote 1

I did have sleep problems for awhile in the beginning for sure mainly due to geometric and spiral visuals when my eyes were closed in the dark and i just learned to accept it. Eventually after a few years it did go away and now 30 years later there are no visuals when sleeping to speak of thankfully. What really drives me is nowadays you read of people recommending Hallucinogens for 'therapy" FFS. Um no they may cause you to need therapy you idiots.   Psychedelics are very foolish to mess with. 

Edited by Jayjoe

• 2 weeks later...

@Jayjoe Thanks for they reply! Seems like my sleeping problems are a bit different from the ones you had. I used to have hypnagogic hallucinations, almost feeling psychotic during night, severe Insomnia etc. It seems like it has gotten a bit better but I still struggle to sleep most night and have very vivid dreams and feels like no deep sleep. Currently relying on sleep meds to be able to sleep..

I agree on the therapy part! I did ayhauaca because I thought it could make me feel better but now I feel worse than before. Of course it’s always a risk but I had no idea about HPPD :( 

• 4 months later...
On 3/31/2023 at 7:21 PM, Sara2 said:

@Jayjoe Thanks for they reply! Seems like my sleeping problems are a bit different from the ones you had. I used to have hypnagogic hallucinations, almost feeling psychotic during night, severe Insomnia etc. It seems like it has gotten a bit better but I still struggle to sleep most night and have very vivid dreams and feels like no deep sleep. Currently relying on sleep meds to be able to sleep..

I agree on the therapy part! I did ayhauaca because I thought it could make me feel better but now I feel worse than before. Of course it’s always a risk but I had no idea about HPPD :( 

Risperidon 0,5mg has completely removed all my psychotic and sleeping problems or at least reduced them 99% also those weird hallucinations before falling asleep. 
Idk maybe it does work for u too.

take care.

Edited by Subzero14

• 3 months later...
On 3/8/2023 at 1:13 PM, Jayjoe said:

Hello all I stumbled onto this site by complete accident and decided to make an account  to share my experience with an LSD induced HPPD issue that has so far lasted for only 33 years lol. I hope that number doesn't create any fear as everyone is different and others it may last no where near as long. A little background. I took LSD If I recall around 20 times and mushrooms around maybe 10 times within a period of a couple years starting when i was 18 and ending when i was 20. To make a long story short, I have had this HPPD issue ever since 1990 and from time to time it still comes back to this day. The last acid trip was a bad one and from that day forward it started. The first 5 years were the worst with walls breathing, clouds forming into faces, bad afterimages, Bizarre shapes and patterns when i closed my eyes to go to sleep, depression and anxiety etc. This continued for a long time but slowly got better and better throughout the years and I just learned to ignore it. Today at 52 years old my only symptoms are mild afterimages particularly when i look away from computer screens and TV screens and a small to medium sized purple dot in my peripheral vision from time to time. Strange that one is yes. Anyway as a 33 year sufferer from this silly disorder the biggest advice I can give to anyone else suffering from this is to advise everyone you know to stay far far away from any Psychedelics of any sort and for yourself I can not stress this enough YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY quit taking any drugs or alcohol of any sort for the rest of your life and yes weed is real bad for triggering and making symptoms way way worse. You are playing Russian roulette with you mind and soul if you suffer from HPPD and you continue taking any drugs or drinking alcohol as this WILL magnify the problem. You absolutely need to be positive and also get lots of exercise and eat right to be able to cope and be aware that while it will take time, you will eventually get through this and lead a happy life. cheers..   

Hi! I know I’m late to the party on this one, being as it’s the end of November and all, but your experience is so similar to mine it’s uncanny! I got HPPD in 1998 and have had it for what, 25 years? (I can’t math right now, haha.) I never took any drugs again though I did drink a lot which distracted me from my symptoms, but obviously was just making everything worse. Your advice is spot-on. Thanks for sharing your story!