Continuous flashbacks and feeling like I'm tripping?

Hello so for the last week I've been experiencing "flashbacks" to a very traumatic 4-AcO-DMT (plus 2 other substances) trip that happened almost 3 years ago. About 3 weeks ago I took edibles on separate occasions and during both experiences I relived that traumatic trip down to every detail. Out of nowhere I relived that horrible trip, and everything was fine until 2 weeks after and after a night with some beers and phenibut I woke up reliving that trip. The anxiety, the intrusive thoughts everything. Some aspects have gotten better namely the horrible sense of doom, crippling anxiety, and (kinda) intrusive thoughts I experienced during that original trip, but some things have been progressively getting worse.  For background I've relived this trip last year maybe 5-6 times (while on psychedelics) I'm not sure, and I decided to stop taking psychedelics indefinitely, and I only took edibles up until this experience 3 weeks ago.

It's hard to explain but during this traumatic trip I had a vision that I got hit by a car, and I could feel the pressure, and pain of my jaw and fingers breaking. I'm starting to feel that now. Over the last week my jaw has been starting to hurt, and my visuals have been kind of getting richer and worse (not really sure tbh). My fingers at one point felt VERY weird, but it seems to have progressing and hasn't gotten worse or better. All I'm worried about is my jaw because that pain was something I experienced like no other. My question to you all is are these flashbacks? Is this Dp/Dr? At some points I felt like I was mildly stoned and obviously I feel how I felt during that trip minus the psychedelic headspace just the physical sensations. How do I get rid of this? What is the time table for something like this? Any and all feedback is appreciated. 

Also I'm completely sober haven't had any alcohol or anything. I did take phenibut two times within the last week because the anxiety, and crippling sense of doom was making my life hell but other than that I've been living the lifestyle of a monk (I've been a healthy eater for a while now though). I've experienced HPPD for about 3 years now, but this is something I am not used to at all. I've had flashbacks, but none that lasted 24/7 and progressively get worse. I don't care about the visuals I just worry about these physical sensations they were very very unpleasant last time I felt them.

Hello, 

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through.  The best advice I can give is to keep doing what you're doing.  You've made it through with this disorder before and it can manifest itself in very strange ways indeed.  For me, staying physically and mentally  active and sober were key to the progress I have made.  Meditation is something that has been a big help in my recovery as well as spiritual and intellectual growth.  I will attach a recommendation for an App that I have found useful.  Hang in there, day by day you will get better.  

Take Care,

Nick 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/headspace-meditation-sleep/id493145008

• Upvote 1

I will try this app out thank you. I have meditated in the past but it has been a little while sense I've last done it. I suppose I will get back to it. I've been more physically active than I was before and it makes me feel better so I have no intention of stopping. Thanks for everything. Would you call this DP/DR or what though? I'm not exactly sure what to call it.

I'm not sure what to call it, however it may be useful for you to talk to a doctor about this.  It could be some kind of panic attack.  Unfortunately there is really no direct treatment for HPPD, however there are treatments to help with anxiety which directly affects HPPD. 

On the subject of meditation, I think it's important to maintain consistency to really see results.  Start out small (1-5 minutes) but keep it up daily and in a few weeks you'll start seeing subtle changes in your thinking which can become major if you stick with it.  

Hang in there, you'll be fine.