What are your thoughts on lowering kynurenic acid with BCAA supplements?

kynerer

• Fawkinchit changed the title to What are your thoughts on lowering kynurenic acid with BCAA supplements?

My take personally is that it shows more prominence of reactive oxygen species(ROS) in people with mental disease, which is absolutely no surprise there. Its pretty clear that high kynurenic acid is just an end result of increased ROS, treating the ROS therefore would be more suitable. Its something I talk about in my threads, and there are various ways of reducing these problems.

"Kynurenic acid (KYNA) synthesis along the kynurenine pathway and its mode of action. The catabolism of TRP by the enzymes TDO or IDO represents the rate-limiting step in KYNA synthesis. The intermediate metabolite kynurenine can be further processed through three distinct pathways to form KYNA, 3-hydroxykynurenine, and anthranilic acid. KYNA is formed by the irreversible transamination of KYN either via kynurenine aminotransferases (KAT I–IV) or through the action of reactive oxygen species (ROS)."

fimmu-08-01957-g001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.10.2021 at 06:42, Fawkinchit said:

Лично я считаю, что он показывает большую значимость активных форм кислорода (АФК) у людей с психическими заболеваниями, что здесь совершенно не удивительно. Совершенно очевидно, что высокое содержание кинуреновой кислоты - это всего лишь конечный результат увеличения ROS, поэтому лечение ROS было бы более подходящим. Я говорю об этом в своих обсуждениях, и есть разные способы уменьшить эти проблемы.

«Синтез кинурениновой кислоты (KYNA) по пути кинуренина и механизм его действия. Катаболизм TRP ферментами TDO или IDO представляет собой лимитирующую стадию в синтезе KYNA. Промежуточный метаболит кинуренин может далее обрабатываться тремя различными путями до образуют KYNA, 3-гидроксикинуренин и антраниловую кислоту. KYNA образуется в результате необратимого трансаминирования KYN либо  через  кинурениновые аминотрансферазы (KAT I – IV), либо под действием активных форм кислорода (ROS) ».

fimmu-08-01957-g001.jpg

Thanks for the answer. I read your research, thanks for the work done, but shouldn't mitochondrial dysfunction affect the whole body? And how to determine the predisposition to it? We all must have something in common.

• 9 months later...

To get the full picture, they need to do medical experiments to study the effects of kynurenic acid and how it reacts with BCAA supplements. We only have theories, and I'm not sure if they are correct. I would appreciate if you guys have a good article or medical experience to share. I've read a lot of information on fitness related sites about BCAA supplements, but never thought they could be dangerous for people with mental health issues. I will check it out again. Maybe I'll find more information at www.healthcanal.com/health/testoprime-review and come back here with updated information.

Edited by cockmanjan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:09 AM, kynerer said:

Thanks for the answer. I read your research, thanks for the work done, but shouldn't mitochondrial dysfunction affect the whole body? And how to determine the predisposition to it? We all must have something in common.

Mitochondrial dysfunction can certainly be organ specific for various reasons. The predisposition is likely just vitamin deficiencies during the time of hallucinogenic ingestion, or some sort of metabolic disorder. I would lean more strongly towards specific deficiencies during time of ingestion. Vitamin c and various b vitamins are likely culprits, but there could be others. 

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I have never heard about that. I’m going to do my research on the topic and see what it might mean to me. My therapist didn’t tell me anything about it, and now I’m interested in investigating.
On the other hand, I think it is wrong to delegate too much responsibility for mental issues to some chemical processes instead of dealing with the problem itself. But I don’t deny there are things that happen in the human brain, and we need to control those processes to ensure they’re not doing you wrong.
Surprisingly, the supplements that helped me were not intended for depression and other cognitive issues. I ordered them from purerawz.co to get better results in sports. I need to say sport is a great source of dopamine; try it.

Edited by sandebenedditt