am i the only one not medicating?

am i the only one on this site not taking any meds and just cutting booze drugs, coffee, red bull etc out my life. most people on here seem to be taking something or other, downers of some kind.

sometimes i feel like a valium would take the edge off the paranoia but that only comes like once a week if that.

I only take atarax on the evenings to relieve my mind of the chaos in my brain when i'm trying to sleep but i wouldn't call it a medication becouse it's a frigging allergymedecine.

So no, i think that i am following your example, no caffeine, drugs but occasionaly alcohol.

i don't take any prescriptions. All I take are over-the-counter sleep supplements when my anxiety is keeping me awake, but on days when I need to take something two days in a row I will take melatonin one night and valerian root the second just to be sure that I don't develope any kind of dependency even though neither are addictive. My anxiety is going away though so I barely take anything anymore.

There's plenty of people not medicating. Me included. I am debating with myself whether to try out a couple of things, especially for some nerve pain I am experiecing.

If your visuals are going away and symptoms improving then I wouldn't recommend going on any meds - especially something like valium. It will just hold you back because you will be facing addition and withdrawal - replacing one problem for another.

Maybe look into valerian root for anxiety, and melatonin for sleep. These are over the counter supplements which you can buy - no prescriptions required. I've been using melatonin occasionaly to help me sleep - definetely helps.

Yeah I feel the same way sometimes. If you are the kind of person who can just take something once or twice every great while then I don't see the harm in it. But I'm not the kind of person who can "just have one" so I'm not about to condone taking any kind of addictive med... But if you feel like it would be a good thing for you, maybe start out with phenibut, or one of the fairly non-addictive benzo-like meds... There is one other prominent one other than phenibut... If you look it up I'm sure you will find a link. I've never tried it but have heard some good things, mostly from this sight if I remember correctly.