Wisdom teeth removed with anesthesia

ABS

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed, but they will use fentanyl and anesthesia to knock me out. I'm really scared of the effect the anesthesia will have on my hppd (which I've had for 8 years now) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this or any advice on how to go about this procedure and what to ask for. Thanks!

• 5 years later...

From what I know, the anesthesia and fentanyl they use are pretty safe and are meant to keep you comfortable during the procedure.
If you're in Ohio and thinking about dental work like implants or teeth straightening, there's this great cosmetic dentist in Eastlake Ohio who focuses on overall health, not just your teeth. I found that approach really comforting because they look at the big picture, which helps a lot when you're worried about how treatments could affect your health.

Edited by Lebedka

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was operated on two days ago, cut deeply into my shoulder due to bad cellulitis, Staph infection with ulcer. 

Nocked me out with Anesthesia, and pumping IV  Fenytnal into me...

They are opiates, High as F 

May feel drowsy / spacey next few days.. 

Anxiety of procedure may exacerbate hppd 

Tho the Anesthesia and Fenytnal from my experience and understanding will not. 

All the best with that ! 

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

Yeah I was operated on two days ago, cut deeply into my shoulder due to bad cellulitis, Staph infection with ulcer. 

Nocked me out with Anesthesia, and pumping IV  Fenytnal into me...

They are opiates, High as F 

May feel drowsy / spacey next few days.. 

Anxiety of procedure may exacerbate hppd 

Tho the Anesthesia and Fenytnal from my experience and understanding will not. 

All the best with that ! 

Yeah I’ve had multiple surgeries and the anesthesia and pain meds never bothered my HPPD. Interesting comment about antibiotics! I thought it was just my own sensitivity to meds, but definitely certain antibiotics make my HPPD worse. I do best with antibiotics in the penicillin family. Has anyone been prescribed Ciproflaxin? I go on and on about that one because it’s a horror and I think should be banned. It’s just an awful antibiotic and has literally wrecked so many people physically! I was on Cipro for a UTI when I took the LSD that caused my HPPD. I always wondered that if I had not been on that antibiotic at the time, if I would have gotten HPPD. (Probably would have but always wondered.)