HPPD Philosophy

WOLF70M

First off I want to say that the first couple months of HPPD were awful and there are even times now that get extremely bad, hell even last night I was lying awake terrified of my own mind and what it might show me. But even with all of the bad times I feel that for me, getting HPPD has been a pretty positive thing. Having this disorder has really shown me how wonderful and meaningful life is. Though it is kind of sad that it took such a drastic change in my life to show me that.

In the past I would use drugs and a lot of alcohol to make my life interesting and fun, and now I will barely even touch caffeine. Even though I still struggle with depression, I feel that I still have a lot of fun times and really enjoy my life without drugs. If I did get HPPD I feel like a couple years in the future could have been really bad for me, but now all I can look forward to is the future. It really keeps me going and striving forward.

I will always have a different perspective on things than other people. Its a pain in the ass sometimes, but I wouldn't change myself for anything. I don't know if I will ever be normal again, but I know that in time I will learn to accept the HPPD as part of myself. That is a lot harder than it sounds, but I believe that will help many of the problems I have been experiencing with HPPD.

Much love to everyone on this forum, you all are so helpful and I wish the best to all of you.

- Josh

• 1 month later...

Hey great outlook on it I feel the same way that maybe HPPD is a sign that we were heading down the wrong track and as a sort of smack in the face turned the right way, I honestly beleive that if I never developed HPPD I wouldn't be moving forward as much as i am now its like a no other option way of living a healthy life and just making sure you don't take things for granted :) peace