Change in behavior ?

So my parents argue that I never show any "signs of HPPD". Well that is because it's inside and I never told anyone that something was wrong. They say that they never noticed any facial expressions of discomfort from the visuals or any strange behavior. To me this just shows how good I am at acting normal but I get very angry and tell them to fuck off and stop dismissing something that they know absolutely NOTHING about. Did anyone else ever get told this kind of shit when telling family or friends about HPPD and depersonalization ?

• 4 weeks later...

thats because its unimaginable until you have hppd/dp/dr yourself...its just as trying to describe a psychedelic trip to a person who never took psychedelics....before my hppd/dp/dr i didnt even believe that it could be possible to aquire a horrible condition like this one...and now i know its not a placebo or an underground legend...its real

i know ...and i hate that feeling...just forgive them..they just cant imagine...i mean do you believe everything somebody tells you if you cant imagine it yourself due to lag of experience?..(btw. its pretty sad that most people only believe what they see or have experienced themselves).

and if they are so disturbed by your behavior do your best telling them that youre serious and ask them why they dont believe you since you have no reason to tell them shit..there is no reward for you doing so.

if they still wont believe you try to show them some website like this to prove its not you making it up.

Both my patents and bf know about this site. He actually was the one that showed it to me! I've asked them to do some reading about it but they blow me off. It really hurts cuz I'm dealing with a lot and it's like they don't care. My mother even said, "we're sick of the drama"