How is your Derealization?

John Smith

Just wondering...lately my derealization has been flaring up, just wondering whether trees and stuff look strange to you guys? This used to only happen with my hands, but now if i look at a tree, i know it's a tree, but it looks very pipe-like and strange and it makes me anxious as hell...is this how it is for you guys?

I never had derealization to real extent unless I really look at things. Early on though, I would wake up my arms would look very long and skinny, and sometimes people's faces look very surreal, their faces can become very distorted if I look for that. But, oh am I depersonalized, I have no conception of who I am, or what reality is, I cannot visualize things, all my memories feel as they were just told to me by whoever really did experience them. I also just feel numb. Strangely though I am almost comforted by this right now, as if I have found a little niche in reality and I am protected by it.

DR or DP is the worst symptom for me.

I found it really hard to explain to "ordinary people", but you will understand. My days are like a "light permanent weed" trip or something similar. Or living on a dream, also the short memory is affected, similar to weed. Is very disturbing.

Sometimes i perceive the reality so far to me, feelings and people become strange. But this "sensation" up and down depends on level of stress, sleep or anxiety.

For me it just feels like theres a gap between myself and reality. I have little dp but everything seems unreal. Like theres a glass wall in front of the real world. Altough my memory isnt too bad, a light weed trip sums it up quite well. I also experienced the long and skinny arms phenomenon.

Talking to people i know calms me down and somehow puts me down in reality. I kind of already got used to it, and my perception of its intensity varies. Sometime i feel like its almost gone but then it will come back worse the next day. Memories, even the nice ones, seem unreal and more like a dream. I didnt have any realization of what weekday it was(even though i knew) and couldnt look forward to anything. But im already a little better at that too. I really miss having "real" moments but now i kind of already forgot what it felt like to be normal.

That's a better way to describe my symptoms, Schwartzweib. My english is not very good.

Really, the tracers (are minimal) dont really bother me but dp/dr.... if i could kick off the derealization out of my mind i wll be the happiest man on earth