trying again with my dad this time

I tried with my mom and she was a bitch. Telling me that it is my fault for doing drugs and that I should live with the consequences. Well the last post in the Main and General Forum made me decide to try again but this time by talking to my dad. My dad is not as anti meds as my mom but still he is afraid I will end up like his uncle. But I told him about Keppra and that I can't get high off of it and that I won't try to find out. he didn't really say anything so I'm not sure what he is going to do

i know this is so bad when your familiy is not understanding and supporting you...i really hate people who condemn us for doing drugs they all do drugs and are addicted to something without really noticing it..stupid idiots..but its ok to drink alcohol or snmoking cigarettes even if these drugs are much worse than entheogens or mdma..etc...if not, everyone who takes these drugs must have hppd or other conditions...they just make it easy for themselves blaming us for ending up like this even though there is a negative predisposition necessary to end up getting hppd or other mental conditions and no one is responsible for his genetic material..instead of our parents so they have to be quiet at this point and learn to accept it.

I'm glad I have supportive family, if only emotional and sometimes with resources (like finding counselors, whether something covered by my insurance, etc.). The only person of my family that doesn't know I have HPPD is my father. Well, at least I don't think he knows (my mother may have told him). I don't really plan on telling him directly since he also has a lot of mental issues, many of which are linked to his past drug and alcohol abuse which came about from having an abusive mother and suffering quite a few on the job injuries (blown out knees, herniated disks, blown out ankles, you name an injury you can get working in construction and I bet you he's had it happen, aside from amputations. He even once took a hit from a nailgun in his thigh). If he finds out about my HPPD and that it's caused by drug use, I think it would kill him inside because I more or less turned into the person he once was.