Weed: my experience

my hppd was caused by sythetic marijauna 2 years ago, was unnoticeable but became BAD with almost daily marijuana use and occasional Ritalin use (2 light overdoses) within 2 months. I recently decide to smoke a joint with a friend, I live in Cali so it was very expensive very high grade stuff, the strain was Jack Herer. I was calm and relaxed with my friend, smoked a fair bit and it felt great. Music felt slowed down, eyes red, heart beating fast(no anxiety) felt like laughing, enjoyed the whole thing. Visuals became very slightly worse. Next day decided to smoke the same strain through a bong, by myself. I smoked a lot, kinda rushed home and immediately took a shower to get rid of the smell. On the skate home EVERYTHING got so bright. Got inside, deep deep sense of something wrong, COULD NOT SHAKE IT. Shower was the closest I ever came to losing my mind. Got out sat on my couch watching tv, talking to invisible people jerking whole body and waving my hands randomly. I can not describe how it felt, hell is the only thing that comes to mind. 2 hours later it was wearing off, very depersonalized. Next day slightly more depersonalized, visuals only 10% worse. I have realized even if your visuals are almost gone, and your depersonalization non existent, never do drugs with an unstable mind

• Upvote 1

smoking with hppd alone is not a problem at all but having dpd on the top of that makes it impossible to enjoy weed...i have had hppd + dpd and my hppd is over...now where i still have dpd and an unstable mind im able to smoke again but only small amounts...otherwise i get anxiety, panic attacks or dp/dr.

so if one has hppd alone and smokes weed..it wouldnt be a problem since this person wont get anxiety or depression..who cares about hppd visuals getting worse for a while but the fearful feelings of dpd are what makes drugs a hell for people...its what i realized...most people think its all from hppd but they forget that they have dpd as a comorbid disorder...just look up the dsm and you will find that there are no emotional symptoms listed..only visual..but look up dpd symptoms and you will recognize the actual problem.