New med: vortioxetine

I've been having a really rough time lately. Depression , anxiety, thoughts of hurting myself, hurting others around me ( although I would never act) hppd is pretty bad dp/dr and visuals are off the charts. Got into,see my doc today and he suggested I try this new med

http://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/mood-disorders/vortioxetine-a-unique-antidepressant-for-major-depressive-disorder/article/364332/

Apparently it not only treats depression/ anxiety but also cognitive function and brain fog.

Sounds almost too good to be true but I also I'm incredibly weary of putting any new med in my body.

I Know ssris should be avoided but I am considering it as I really need something right now

Has anyone tried this?

People know a lot more about this stuff than I do any insight is greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 2

I would be a bit careful.  It is a relatively new drug.  And drug companies always send representatives hawking the new 'drug of the day'.   They go around to doctors offices and sometimes doctors get benefits of some sort by using these new drugs.   So just be careful!!! and research, research, research.