Negative effects from supplements?

I am wondering, has anyone experiencedasting negative effects from any seemingly beneficial supplements or herbs?

I stared taking Lion's Mane, phosphatidylcholine, B complex, B2, fish oil, Lutein, Zeanthaxine, CoQ10, and Butterbur about a month or two ago. My visuals seem to keep steadily worsening.

Has anyone noticed any worsening visuals from any of these sups, especially Lion's Mane?? Afterimages are definitely worsening.

I also started Lamictal about a month ago.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sinemet, Clonazepam - They worsened my hppd slightly, but im almost sure, "permanently".
Lamictal, Flunarizinium - they give me stinging in my head and worsen my cognition temporarily

Piracetam - makes me irritable and increases ghosting big time.
Lion's Mane, Vinpocetine, Ginkgo Biloba, Kudzu - also gives me stinging in my head als worsens cogniotion temporarily (although lions mane first improved it)

CoQ10 - Took it for more than a week. First few days it felt like its improving my congition, now I take one pill and it makes me slower. Possibly worsened my memory or visual reaction slightly and more like longterm.

L-arginine - also worsens symptoms slightly

very weird thing - Flaxseed oil and fermented fish oil - after taking them, instantly it triggers hppd somehow - kills my thinking, increases ghosting, decreases visual reaction time. (somebody knows why could that be the case???????)

I think even ascorbic acid 1000mg or Magnesium Malate 2-4g makes me little spaced out, but I continue to take them at lower doses hoping for some long term benefits.

One thing that I keep taking and gives me no side effects or worsening of symptoms is 2g of grape seed extract everyday.
I gonna add few supplements to it about which you can read here: http://www.evernote.com/l/AbRcCksdg0BC46TZDRI0_7mxXXsN2lStOwE/

1. I start to think that anything that increases bloodflow in the brain makes me feel spaced out, worsens my cognition etc.
2. Also anything that increases/agonizes serotonin (gingko/kudzu/St. Johns Wort), gaba (clonazepam), dopamine (sinemet) - has some bad effect on me - although the mentioned herbs only affect me temporarily.

the list is longer, but I don't those are the most important ones I guess..

Oh ya right now im in a phase of retesting some things like vinpocetine in really low doses... Maybe my brain gets too much of something at a time and needs to get used to it.. I have read that with even replenishing neurotransmitter, worsening of symptoms can be experienced before the actual improvement.

I gonna take whatever supplements that protect against reperfusion injury as I have hypoperfusion in 2 regions in the brain, maybe those regions somehow do not tolerate sudden increase of bloodflow/increse of neurotransmitters... I don't know, these are my wild guesses.

• 2 weeks later...

i did try olmost every sup nothing works all of you guys stop waiting that you wil heal start to have a active life and especialy start with adding sport in your life even its very hard in the begining after a few months you wil feel real and notice strong improvment be sure

Sinemet, Clonazepam - They worsened my hppd slightly, but im almost sure, "permanently".

Lamictal, Flunarizinium - they give me stinging in my head and worsen my cognition temporarily

Piracetam - makes me irritable and increases ghosting big time.

Lion's Mane, Vinpocetine, Ginkgo Biloba, Kudzu - also gives me stinging in my head als worsens cogniotion temporarily (although lions mane first improved it)

CoQ10 - Took it for more than a week. First few days it felt like its improving my congition, now I take one pill and it makes me slower. Possibly worsened my memory or visual reaction slightly and more like longterm.

L-arginine - also worsens symptoms slightly

very weird thing - Flaxseed oil and fermented fish oil - after taking them, instantly it triggers hppd somehow - kills my thinking, increases ghosting, decreases visual reaction time. (somebody knows why could that be the case???????)

I think even ascorbic acid 1000mg or Magnesium Malate 2-4g makes me little spaced out, but I continue to take them at lower doses hoping for some long term benefits.

One thing that I keep taking and gives me no side effects or worsening of symptoms is 2g of grape seed extract everyday.

I gonna add few supplements to it about which you can read here: http://www.evernote.com/l/AbRcCksdg0BC46TZDRI0_7mxXXsN2lStOwE/

1. I start to think that anything that increases bloodflow in the brain makes me feel spaced out, worsens my cognition etc.

2. Also anything that increases/agonizes serotonin (gingko/kudzu/St. Johns Wort), gaba (clonazepam), dopamine (sinemet) - has some bad effect on me - although the mentioned herbs only affect me temporarily.

the list is longer, but I don't those are the most important ones I guess..

i did try olmost every sup nothing works all of you guys stop waiting that you wil heal start to have a active life and especialy start with adding sport in your life even its very hard in the begining after a few months you wil feel real and notice strong improvment be sure

Ok but which supplements have you tried for longer than one month?