recommendation

mbellamy09

5 members have voted

1. 1. which one?

• Klono
    • Keppra
    • Valium
    • Other

i am finally starting to stabilize on my regular dosage of clonazepam. i have brain fogginess, memory issues and such maybe it will get better after more stabilizing but im well aware that klono can cause this itself, so my question is try to withdraw slower again and try something else or just do this. or maybe combine klono and keppra? anyone here made a switch from klono? i cant stand my HPPD and DP/DR without meds of some sort.

i also figured this would be a good thread to get a basic understanding of what meds can help others and such.

as always, thanks for the responses.

i am finally starting to stabilize on my regular dosage of clonazepam. i have brain fogginess, memory issues and such maybe it will get better after more stabilizing but im well aware that klono can cause this itself, so my question is try to withdraw slower again and try something else or just do this. or maybe combine klono and keppra? anyone here made a switch from klono? i cant stand my HPPD and DP/DR without meds of some sort.

i also figured this would be a good thread to get a basic understanding of what meds can help others and such.

as always, thanks for the responses.

I voted Keppra and other. Keppra seems like it is likely worth a shot for those who haven't tried. If you need to stay on a benzo then I believe Klono is better than valium based on what i've witnessed from most people on the board. Additionally, Valium tends to not last as long I believe, meaning you'll be taking more. I never took klono but I did take valium for about a week when I first got HPPD. It was beneficial for anxiety, no effect on visuals though. There's lots of threads comments/threads popping about benzo use and the havoc that can amount after long term use, important things to evaluate. Please consider counseling, meditation or other forms of acceptance so that you can be benzo free before developing long term tolerance.

mbellamy, I would completely stabalize on your klono before you make any decisions. You don't want to shock your CNS again. But if you can get off klono once you stabalize def do it. You don't want to need such a potent drug to survive trust me. Just make sure you titrate this time, you should only be going down 10% of your dosage every 2 weeks. Switching to Valium would be much easier but a lot of doc's don't like giving it out.

Look up klonopin titration on youtube it's rather easy just time comsuming!

• 4 weeks later...

im gonna bump this thread and hope for more response. as you can tell from the date is has been awhile on my normal dose of klonopin and sometimes it seems to improve but the past few days have been worse. especially the DP/DR. i really dont know what id do if this keeps up much longer.i dont know if im stabilized and im just tolerant after a couple years or what. but the fact that theres been no noticeable improvements after 3 months got e a little worried. might ask for keppra soon as a last ditch effort to get sanity.