Please tell me how long it took to reach a relative baseline...

Over the course of 1.5month-2month, i have been getting new symptoms all the time.

My ghosting was only on LEDS, now its occurs on many things. 

Today was the first time i noticed wobbly edges. 

And posts say obsessing over it makes it worse but i dont think it makes a difference. When i first got the occasional ghosting, i wasnt aware of hppd and didnt even try to make ghosting happen. It just sort of became more frequent till it went 24/7.

Sigh.

How long do i have to wait until i develop visual snow, dp/dr, speech impairment, fractals, frames, colourblind, etc.

And how do we see the 'post has been promoted to article' posts.

So many i would love to see but it just ends up linking to an error. 

Maybe i should take xanax.

i have been living so healthy. not even sugar in my diet. nothing artificial, no flour made products etc. only water. doesnt seem to do shit. 

• Upvote 2

idk man.. the first few months was fucking horrible for me. I wasn't even noticing the visuals as much as the anxiety and DP/DR, so in that way it sort of seemed to grow, but it was actually always there. After the initial "holy fucking shit what happened to me", I just started noticing more weird shit because I wasn't as preoccupied with the mind stuff as I initially was. It was only then that I started reading about HPPD, and realized that this wasn't just some MDMA-tail hangover type of thing.

The promoted posts are lost man. And why wouldn't you eat flour?
Don't get me wrong, I like the whole idea of eating healthy. But everything in moderation, right?

Taking Xanax is something you have to decide for yourself. IIRC it's the most addictive benzo available, so I suggest you consider other BZD's if you're going down that road.

Just keeping away from processed food basically. flour --> chips, fried stuff, etc etc. 

Purpose of this is to keep my gut clean, it does hold 90% of our serotonin even though it may not be the ones used by our cns.

As for visuals, when I first found out it was HPPD, i basically did a checklist of all the visual symptoms. 

Even forcing myself of trying to make it happen with the risk of 'cant unsee it' but what wasnt there wasnt happening.

However, its been a slow but surely progression.

DP/DR is what really worries me though. So many of the posts are about how its the worst thing ever, and i dont even know what it is.

When i was tripping on 4 hit lsd, i remember i was trying to talk to a sober friend and had to build up all this knowledge to formulate a sentence but mid way my brain sort of melts and i stop talking and im just there drugged out for 10-20seconds and ill try again but couldnt. Is it anything like that? That shits scary, though it wasnt at the time of tripping.

Sometimes Ill look at my arm and think, is that my arm? but i dont know if thats me forcing some DP? 

Are there any cases where DP/DR was formed after visuals??? hmmm.. 

Xanax.... hmm i dont even know how i can get Klonopin here. When i go back to vancouver,Canada(my home), i dont know how i can even find a doctor to talk about hppd. I usually just went to a walk/drop in clinic. Will they be able to prescribe it? 

Thanks for the replies, you seem to be the one of the few that consistently reply to many redundant long posts. It good support!

idk man.. the first few months was fucking horrible for me. I wasn't even noticing the visuals as much as the anxiety and DP/DR, so in that way it sort of seemed to grow, but it was actually always there. After the initial "holy fucking shit what happened to me", I just started noticing more weird shit because I wasn't as preoccupied with the mind stuff as I initially was. It was only then that I started reading about HPPD, and realized that this wasn't just some MDMA-tail hangover type of thing.

The promoted posts are lost man. And why wouldn't you eat flour?

Don't get me wrong, I like the whole idea of eating healthy. But everything in moderation, right?

Taking Xanax is something you have to decide for yourself. IIRC it's the most addictive benzo available, so I suggest you consider other BZD's if you're going down that road.

Every benzo is addictive, i have had ALOT. klonopin is the worst ever, everytime i take one it makes soo sleepy although its 0.25mg.

I am going for xanax now, hopes this helps better, i cant stop with benzo's with these sensations of hppd and dp/dr. Also i refuse to live in fear.

the dp/dr stuff... u kinda will just know something is wrong because it just isnt right. thats really the only way i can describe it for myself. you either just feel like you're not a part of everything around you or that even the things that arent visually distorted you just feel isnt real either...

granted nothing is "real" and all of our perception is a product of interpretation of a collection of stimuli... but the whole point of our brain is to collect that and make it "real" for us.. constantly feeling like either you're broken or the world is broken, and you no longer can place yourself within the world.. i think its why so many of us get suicidal thoughts so often.. what's the point of existing in a world that doesnt exist? but you still know and want to believe that it's real, and its just your brain being a total douche to you

also do whatever you can to avoid the benzos.. but if you absolutely need to use them just be smart and try to find ways to better yourself without the medication. if all the med does is treat a symptom, and you never try to address the cause, the symptom will find a way to hit you back.. getting in too deep with them just adds another level to have to climb back up to get better

• 4 weeks later...