How long did it take for you to find out you had HPPD?

Arbiter

For me it took 2 years of making my HPPD worse and worse. I was too stupid to figure out there was something wrong with me and I would have probably fully recovered if I wasn't so ignorant still taking drugs after getting this horrid disorder.

• Upvote 1

Hey, a fellow Aussie! Though we're about as far away from one another as Aussies get :P. I'm glad to see you posting more around here, even if it's not great news. I thought I recalled you posting in my thread but I can't see anything at the moment so maybe it's the ol' HPPD-brain playing tricks.

I knew HPPD was a thing but wasn't aware of just how bad it could get. It took a good ~8 months since first developing visual symptoms for it to click that a lot of the shit I was going through was likely HPPD-related and drug use had made it much worse, and that the joy I was looking for and afraid of missing out on through abstinence wasn't anywhere near worth the suffering I had been through or the potential prolonging and worsening of that suffering. And even since I've used weed a few times.

Just be glad you caught it at all and glad you're making steps to deal with it, I'd say. Past actions suck dick but losing your future to regret sucks even more. Keep moving forward, it's hard but it's the best way to recover.

• Upvote 1

Hey, a fellow Aussie! Though we're about as far away from one another as Aussies get :P. I'm glad to see you posting more around here, even if it's not great news. I thought I recalled you posting in my thread but I can't see anything at the moment so maybe it's the ol' HPPD-brain playing tricks.

I knew HPPD was a thing but wasn't aware of just how bad it could get. It took a good ~8 months since first developing visual symptoms for it to click that a lot of the shit I was going through was likely HPPD-related and drug use had made it much worse, and that the joy I was looking for and afraid of missing out on through abstinence wasn't anywhere near worth the suffering I had been through or the potential prolonging and worsening of that suffering. And even since I've used weed a few times.

Just be glad you caught it at all and glad you're making steps to deal with it, I'd say. Past actions suck dick but losing your future to regret sucks even more. Keep moving forward, it's hard but it's the best way to recover.

Thanks man. It's good to know that there are other Aussies just like me out there too.

But I was an idiot I was taking anything that would relieve the anxiety the HPPD was causing me. But, I agree bro, the past is the past and you can't change it.