Kava Tincture

bpl4269

So I ordered an organic kava tincture last week. Got it yesterday. Really helps me be sociable and relieves my anxiety/depression. Very pleased with the results, just wish I had ordered more. Its just as effective as a benzo, has similar mental effects as alcohol as far as lowered inhibitions, and makes me talkative, which is a godsend considering my issues with dp. I think this may be a way of pulling myself out of this anxious/depersonalized state. :-) so happy right now. Also, doesnt seem to affect visuals at all. If anything, they are diminished.

The brand of kava tincture I bought was Estatic Earth on amazon.

Give it a go guys, you wont regret it.

• Upvote 4

I'm a little nervous about trying anything that efects the brain but Im definitely gonna give this a try this summer. From what I read though it looks like you have to be really careful about what kind you take to avoid liver damage 

I'm a little nervous about trying anything that efects the brain but Im definitely gonna give this a try this summer. From what I read though it looks like you have to be really careful about what kind you take to avoid liver damage 

I wouldnt even worry about kava, Ive read numerous times about it and its effects on hppd and most if not all people were not affected by it negatively. As for the liver damage; that is a myth. That was started when people were either taking it in combination with alcohol and the liver damage was blamed on the kava, or the manufacturer of the kava put the bark and leaves of the plant in with the kava root, which causes the mixture to be toxic and cause liver problems if taken in excess. The root itself is very safe and has been taken by the people of the south pacific for centuries without a single reported death or associated liver issues. Just make sure what you get is pure kava root only and you shouldnt have any issues.

I'm fresh out of Kava :( But indeed it's a harmless anxiolytic. I've even read anecdotal reports of people using it to attain clarity in meditation.
I find at times it helps me find contentment.
And there's all kind of varieties, which keeps it interesting.
Kava honey is amazing! Kava candy is useful for on the road. I use it when I ride with public transport, to take the edge off of the anxiety.
There's a spray called 1hourbreak which is also useful, I got a free sample from them.
There's instant Kava-Coco drink, and other flavors.
Personally I like to take 2-3 glasses of the traditional drink, and 2 dabs of Kava Honey.

Definitely better than weed and alcohol in my opinion. Doesn't come with the fogginess those do.
Also some evidence suggests it upregulates some of your GABA receptors, in other words, making it easier for you to relax, even when not using it.
And yes indeed, doing alot can make you feel a bit spacey, but it does no harm.

It's also great for sleep. I love the stuff :)

I'm fresh out of Kava :( But indeed it's a harmless anxiolytic. I've even read anecdotal reports of people using it to attain clarity in meditation.

Kava honey is amazing! Kava candy is useful for on the road. I use it when I ride with public transport, to take the edge off of the anxiety.

There's a spray called 1hourbreak which is also useful, I got a free sample from them.

Personally I like to take 2-3 glasses of the traditional drink, and 2 dabs of Kava Honey.

Definitely better than weed and alcohol in my opinion. Doesn't come with the fogginess those do.

Also some evidence suggests it upregulates some of your GABA receptors, in other words, making it easier for you to relax, even when not using it.

Ive been traditionally brewing waka con kava lately, its so much better than the tincture. Makes me feel clear and incredibly relaxed. Very potent, I dont know if youve used it onedayillsailagain but its the bomb. :-) makes me feel like my life is somewhat normal now. I cant stand being drugfree/straightedge.

I was always wondering about this one and I even think I started a thread about it a long time ago. I just quit smoking pot for the 20th time so I'll most likely be trying it very soon. Thanks for all the info and reports guys. 

I wouldnt even worry about kava, Ive read numerous times about it and its effects on hppd and most if not all people were not affected by it negatively. 

one thing though, do you remember any of the negative or not good reports that you mentioned?

how long have you been using kava?

bpl:
I'll do a google for it, sounds good :) Actually, my first Kava was Kona Kava. Not very potent. I read it was the worst Kava available right after ordering it >.< But it did the trick.
Also, Dutch regulations on Kava... So much irony there. I have to order abroad to get the stuff, and recent finances haven't been in my favor.
Limits my choice as well, as many companies don't ship to the Netherlands. Let me have a glance at Amazon's international regulations.

cs1234:
I used it almost everyday for a month, maybe more. But I ran out, so yeah. By the way, Erowid has some good reports on Kava. There's also plenty of Kava communities online.

Hmm all this kava talk makes me feel like having a shell. I'm gonna order some. 

• 4 weeks later...

qwerty: With Kava Kava you can experience a "reverse tolerance". Some people need to drink Kava daily for a month before noticing the effects, others only 3 or 4 nights of 2-3 shells, and others notice it with the first cup.

Ohh also: it is generally acknowledged that simply taking pills, or ingesting Kava powder, will not produce the same effects as having the original brew or a tincture.
Many people report that the pills are gunk, but after having tried traditional Kava, they love the stuff.
See if you can find how many Kavalactones are in the product.. Then you could make a calculation as to how much you can actually take, and perhaps try it sublingually.
I once had Kava pills, but I would just break them open and add them to my root powder, for an extra kick in my tea.

Have a look at the Kava Lounge, they have many experienced users who can give you better advice.

Im scared of anything "natural" except opium and its synthetics since my set back four years ago on kratom. It ruined my already f' hppd life.

I do not wanna go completely sober for the rest of my life and opiates just makes me not care about life. Is kava known for what it does? Kratom was known as an opiate substitute but showed up being partly tryptamine.

@zukov

no i am not taking anything, i am eating healthy and rarely 2-3 bottles of beer if i go out

@onedayillsailagain

60 mg kavaloctones in one capsule. i tried 4 x 60 and still nothing. so if it is not reverse tolerance i think i should find the original brew or tincture but as i said i searched kava kava for a week and found only that one i showed you. btw thanks for kava lounge. maybe i should try ebay or something.

@merkan

i need to find something, i tried pot 2 times after my onset, first was not bad but the second one was a disaster my symptoms permanently worsened only with a half joint so i dont want to go sober for the rest of my life either, i have to find something natural to drink or smoke, valerian root and st john wort also giving me nothing.

240mgs of kavalactones should do the trick. Next time have them with a gulp of milk.
Have a look at Kona Kava's dosage page. Seem 2000mgs is not so uncommon.
I myself probably have had 3500mgs kavalactones at a time.. anyways find a maximum dose (i'm tired for googles), and just stay below that.
Alternatively make an ethanol extract from your pills, should be some guide to do so. Ebay is also a good source, they sent me some good Kava disguised as Henna, came thru without problems. Delicious!

Everyone knows Valerian is crap.
Better things to try are: Melatonin (at night), L-theanine, Kava (yes it's worth re-mentioning), Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha, Bacopa Monnieri etc.
Google "Treating anxiety safely and effectively" and you'll find a good scientific review of anxiolytics. You will see that Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha, and even Valerian can cause GABA downregulation. However, if you were to cycle on/off between Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha, and nothing, theoretically if you find the tolerance-free "sweet-spot" you could enjoy the benefits indefinitely. Have a glance at Dixie Botanicals' Dew Drops.
So there's a little stub to start your mission for a sustainable, effective, nutraceutical anxiolytic.
Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Im scared of anything "natural" except opium and its synthetics since my set back four years ago on kratom. It ruined my already f' hppd life.

I do not wanna go completely sober for the rest of my life and opiates just makes me not care about life. Is kava known for what it does? Kratom was known as an opiate substitute but showed up being partly tryptamine.

Are you saying you enjoy the real FULL agonist opiates or you don't like them? Kratom isn't a full agonist opiate in the truse sense because, like you said, it activates other receptors which totally ruin the opiate experience. Opiates can be a great tool for mental relaxation and a way to take a break from the daily struggle of HPPD. This is something, in my opinion the medical field has foolishly overlooked. Opiates aren't just a medication to treat physical injury. In fact I would go so far as to say their ability to heal or assist in helping making mental adjustions to mental trauma is stronger than their ability to numb out pain fom physical injuries. Just watch the usage because that relief can quickly turn into an addiction.

All in moderation..... As they say.