Migraines?

ferret

I think HPPD is related to migraines. I have a few questions that I would appreciate everyone answering. Please will everyone who sees these answer them so we can eliminate some of the bias that occurs when only people who can answer yes to questions answer them.

1. Prior to HPPD did you ever suffer from migraines?

2. Prior to HPPD did you ever suffer from migraines with aura?

3. Does anyone in your imediate family suffer from Migraines?

4. Does anyone in your imediate family suffer from migraines with aura?

5. Does anyone in your extended family suffer from migraines? Who?

6. Does anyone in your extended family suffer from migraines with aura? Who?

7. Do you have any other relevent information?

1. Yes, I had one when I was younger. I just fond out that it was possible to have just one migraine over such a long time.

2. No

3. Yes, father and sister.

4. I don't think so.

5. Don't Know

6. Dont Know

No to every single question.

I'm fairly certain HPPD is not related to migraines despite many of the symptoms being similar to migraine auras. Certainly migraine medication doesn't seem to do a lot for HPPD. I'd be interested to hear your reasoning, though.

1 .Yes often suffer with migraines 

2 .I have experienced all the visual symptoms I suffer with now well nearly all when I have had migraines in the past so aura,light sensitivity,halos

3. yes My mum and my grandad (who also has palipinosa sometimes)

4. possibly think my grandad and mum have both experienced it 

5. I think my grandads parents suffered and possibly my nans I think migraines are hereditary

6. don't know

7. I definitely think there could be some kind of relation I reckon if someone is prone to getting a lot of migraines then there is possibly the chance if they over indulge in hallucinogenics be it over a period of time or in my case just one time too much due to there genetic makeup they are probably more prone to developing say hppd or visual snow. I'm just speculating here but I think there is a good chance there could be a connection. For whatever reason people with migraine seem to have a sensitive brain therefore my hypothesis is people with migraine maybe but not singularly more prone to hppd. I'ts got to be the same part of the brain lots of people with constant migraine aura also struggle to get rid of there aura with migraine medication. 

1. Prior to HPPD did you ever suffer from migraines? No

2. Prior to HPPD did you ever suffer from migraines with aura? 2 times

3. Does anyone in your imediate family suffer from Migraines? My younger sister has the classic migraine

4. Does anyone in your imediate family suffer from migraines with aura? Mum, and it's a sort of severe type. She even has the "pulsating sky" effect (visual snow?) especially when she's doing something physical.

5. Does anyone in your extended family suffer from migraines? Who? Not sure

6. Does anyone in your extended family suffer from migraines with aura? Who? Not sure either...

7. Do you have any other relevent information? I believe that there's some sort of connection in the mechanisms of these disorders. Probably, if my migraine aura was never triggered, I wouldn't pay too much attention on this.

I think the same part in our brain is responsible for these things. Especially with the aura form...

Chris- I believe they are related for several reasons. From reading other topics on here it seems that the proportion of our HPPD comunity that suffers from Migraines or has a family history of it is much Higher than normal (I am obviously not sure of that yet, hopefully this survey will provide some more imput). The simmilarity between migraine aura and hppd also suggests they could be related. Also Hallucinogens, psilocybin in particular, are sometimes used to treat migraines and cluster headaches which I find to be very interesting. I could be wrong though 

I'm not too sure about causation either but any relation could be signifigant in learning more about this disorder. Maybe they are both caused by a simmilar defect? Even a realization like that would likely yield much progress to our cause in the long run.