Biological causes of HPPD

windscar

Something happened to us after using hallucinogens. Let's think, guys. Physics is not magic, we CAN find out what went wrong. We do not have to accept this condition. We are trying to find randomly a cure, a remedy, well, bad news, it won't work! Perhaps there's not any molecule in the world that can heal us. But if we find out what is broken we will be very close to finding out solid ways of speeding out our recovery or perhaps even a cure.

The first suggestion is that it is related to post-synaptic 5HT2A receptor damage on GABAergic neurons on the visual cortex, leading to a reduced ability of our brain to stop processing visual stimulus. So, is this true? Can we test that hypothesis? If it's not true, then, what is? If it is true, then what can we do to fix it?

Please, let's think, let's study, let's do something! I can't believe on your apathy, I can't believe on the lack of posts in this forum, in your indulgence. What's up with you, have you all give up already?

Something happened to us after using hallucinogens. Let's think, guys. Physics is not magic, we CAN find out what went wrong. We do not have to accept this condition. We are trying to find randomly a cure, a remedy, well, bad news, it won't work! Perhaps there's not any molecule in the world that can heal us. But if we find out what is broken we will be very close to finding out solid ways of speeding out our recovery or perhaps even a cure.

The first suggestion is that it is related to post-synaptic 5HT2A receptor damage on GABAergic neurons on the visual cortex, leading to a reduced ability of our brain to stop processing visual stimulus. So, is this true? Can we test that hypothesis? If it's not true, then, what is? If it is true, then what can we do to fix it?

Please, let's think, let's study, let's do something! I can't believe on your apathy, I can't believe on the lack of posts in this forum, in your indulgence. What's up with you, have you all give up already?

WindScar,

I feel the need to point out, that you being new to all this and not having seen the previous board and all its contents would not know that everything you are saying has been hashed out over and over for those of us who have had this condition for a while and even much longer than just a while.

If you had access to the old forum post, you would see that the same questions and statements you are expressing came up over and over again from new people to this condition and that was mostly due to them not reading post of the tons of scientific information/studies, much sharing of many consultations with many types of medical professionals, individual theories, some backed up with good research from the web.

I can only surmise that the many members of that board see this new one, with virtually all the information and dialogue gone, having nothing more to add and are a bit tired of repeating themselves. They have been at this for years in a large number of cases.

That being my take on it, then if it is apathy it is because of what a just wrote above. I do not think it is apathy though but fatigue. You would find it hard to believe how much information over the years was on that board. Papers published by the pioneers of the study of hppd (much more extensive knowledge and educated theories than any of us even though many of us are scientifically trained and well versed), clinicians who treated many people with hppd and with varying degrees of success and individual stories of some success.

You are actually going through what many or most people go through when they have this condition for a while and are gong through the phases of coming to terms with it.

I do not discourage you from posting anything but just want to give you a background so you may know why people may not get too much into dialog about certain aspects that you post.

WindScar,

I feel the need to point out, that you being new to all this and not having seen the previous board and all its contents would not know that everything you are saying has been hashed out over and over for those of us who have had this condition for a while and even much longer than just a while.

If you had access to the old forum post, you would see that the same questions and statements you are expressing came up over and over again from new people to this condition and that was mostly due to them not reading post of the tons of scientific information/studies, much sharing of many consultations with many types of medical professionals, individual theories, some backed up with good research from the web.

I can only surmise that the many members of that board see this new one, with virtually all the information and dialogue gone, having nothing more to add and are a bit tired of repeating themselves. They have been at this for years in a large number of cases.

That being my take on it, then if it is apathy it is because of what a just wrote above. I do not think it is apathy though but fatigue. You would find it hard to believe how much information over the years was on that board. Papers published by the pioneers of the study of hppd (much more extensive knowledge and educated theories than any of us even though many of us are scientifically trained and well versed), clinicians who treated many people with hppd and with varying degrees of success and individual stories of some success.

You are actually going through what many or most people go through when they have this condition for a while and are gong through the phases of coming to terms with it.

I do not discourage you from posting anything but just want to give you a background so you may know why people may not get too much into dialog about certain aspects that you post.

=\

I sadly, sadly... understand. Thank you.

='/

Maybe. If it's not, then check out:

(if you're into biology)

http://www.nature.co...l/1395848a.html

Talks about the gene expressions induced by LSD. Because they are abnormal, maybe it's just abnormal connections which then form.

Some food for thought I suppose...

Try not to obsess though, just makes things worse, you know.