Antihistamines

Quick Question, Antihistamines specifically cetirizine hydrochloride, will it affect my HPPD? It's in tablet form, I recently got some to try treat a skin problem i am having and just wanted to check to see if anyone has had any experience with them. lol might be a silly question but you can never be too careful with this shit

Here are the side effects:

Dryness of the mouth, nose and throat, drowsiness, urinary retention, blurred vision, nightmares and stomach ache are commonly reported side effects of this drug.[14] Cetirizine does not block the action of the Muscarinic acetylcholine receptors, even though these side effects can occur in some patients. In 2012 FDA added cetirizine in Drugs to Watch List for Oculogyric crisis [15]

~IMO, if anything, it [H1 blockaders] will make the symptoms better while you are on it. When you get off them that is a different story [but my guess is when getting off it, it won't be that bad].

Cetirizine is used to temporarily relieve the symptoms of hay fever (allergy to pollen, dust, or other substances in the air) and allergy to other substances (such as dust mites, animal dander, cockroaches, and molds). These symptoms include sneezing; runny nose; itchy, red, watery eyes; and itchy nose or throat. Cetirizine is also used to treat itching and redness caused by hives. However, cetirizine does not prevent hives or other allergic skin reactions. Cetirizine is in a class of medications called antihistamines. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001035/

I´ve used a lot of antihistamines, so I´ll give some info and my opinion on them.

Hydroxyzine: Commonly used against allergy, sedative, makes the body feel less overheated. Least side effects. Best antihistamine IMO.

Propriomazine: Sedative and zombiefying with a duration for 2 days. Gave me intense restless legs in higher doses. Rat poison!

Alimemazine: Sedative, tastes like tooth paste in liquid form (Theralen). Quick onset, long duration, zombiefying. Upon using higher doses often I got akathisia (nasty inner restlessness). Not combinable with dopamine-agonists. Wellbutrin and Alimemazine made me so nauseous that my I could not stand up. Not good for long term use. Rat poison!

Promethazine: Sedative, feels like hydroxyzine but about double as strong. Gave such terrible constipation that not even corrosive drops could dissolve it. It took weeks to get out and was so painful that I walked around half comatose from endorphines. Now, 2 years later, I have recurring constipations and pain in my bowels almost daily. Yay! In other words, rat poison!

I´ve used a lot of antihistamines, so I´ll give some info and my opinion on them.

Hydroxyzine: Commonly used against allergy, sedative, makes the body feel less overheated. Least side effects. Best antihistamine IMO.

Propriomazine: Sedative and zombiefying with a duration for 2 days. Gave me intense restless legs in higher doses. Rat poison!

Alimemazine: Sedative, tastes like tooth paste in liquid form (Theralen). Quick onset, long duration, zombiefying. Upon using higher doses often I got akathisia (nasty inner restlessness). Not combinable with dopamine-agonists. Wellbutrin and Alimemazine made me so nauseous that my I could not stand up. Not good for long term use. Rat poison!

Promethazine: Sedative, feels like hydroxyzine but about double as strong. Gave such terrible constipation that not even corrosive drops could dissolve it. It took weeks to get out and was so painful that I walked around half comatose from endorphines. Now, 2 years later, I have recurring constipations and pain in my bowels almost daily. Yay! In other words, rat poison!

Damn are you serious? I've never heard of that happening to anyone from just promethazine. Are you sure there wasn't some opiate narcotic mixed in there with it?

It was clean 25 mg pills labeled Lergigan. Constipation is a side-effect which about 1% of Promethazine users will get. Since I have sensitive bowels, that why I got it. I have an doctors appointment in the end of November to get a proper examination. Maybe the constipation caused severe hemorrhoiding?